U14 Coach
Years ago

Need a Coach?

I am thinking about getting back into coaching. I am a country based coach and have coached at Division 2 District Level before coaching both boys and girls at U14 and U16 level. I have completed my level 1 coaching accreditation.

I have worked with children over the last 27 years and over the course of my coaching have a win ratio of around 60%, have won a state country championship, several "social" championships, but the best reward to me is at the end of the season seeing how much my players have developed over the season. I have had players in tears because I wasn't coaching them the next season.

I would prefer an U14 Boys team as I find this age group the best to work with, but mid-week attendance may be an issue for me due to work commitments.

Is there a club that needs a coach and I could work with? Drop me a email [email protected]

Topic #29003 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

pick your club !

Reply #374645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about taking the SA U18 girls?

Reply #374768 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Why don't you contact the clubs rather than have everyone fall over you to ask you? If you have been coching that long then surely you know all clubs need coaches.

Reply #374992 | Report this post

Blind Freddy  
Years ago

U18 girls!!!! Thats already filled by the best and most suitable coach BSA could find.

Reply #375063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would any club want a coach who wouldn't be able to make trainings?

Reply #375082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Why would any club want a coach who wouldn't be able to make trainings?"

I know one Club that does just that. My Club (I am embarrassed to admit) One Div 1 coach only does mid-week, does not come to Sunday trainings. Half that Div 1 team don't attend and there are some players I have never seen at a single training session. Consequence of this? Sitting 9th with 3 and 12. Last 3 games are against 1, 4 and 5 so will finish season at 3 and 15.

Reply #375095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#095 don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

Reply #375099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

099, what facts do you dispute?

Reply #375125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of it. with the exception of the win/loss part but obscure stats are what ur good at.

Reply #375149 | Report this post

Hydra  
Years ago

Get off the grass #99/104, every other club knows the situation. You can't defend an undefendable position. You know that there are players that don't come to trainings. If everyone did you would arguably have the best team and best coaching lineup.

Reply #375273 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754