Nutwork
Years ago

London 2012 - Opals v USA

Does anyone know when the Opal v USA match is on? (Adelaide time) cheers.

Topic #29009 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

1.30 am tomorrow(Friday)morning, on London 3 foxtel

Reply #374747 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

I really hope ch9 crosses to the basketball after the hockey ends!

Reply #374956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LINK?

Reply #374959 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Great 1st half from the Opals. Up by 4. Cambage is a beast. The Shaq of women's basketball!

Reply #374960 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Cambage is having a hell of a game, I hope she can maintain it in the second half. Great team field goal pc, too.

Ch9 has shown the whole first half two....if they cut away in the second, I will boycott ch9 for the rest of my life.

Reply #374961 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Put this on and every time 9 cuts away go to it.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/134661/1/watch-olympic-:-australia-vs-usa,-women.html#

Reply #374962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Opals scoring fell away in the 2nd half.

Looking at the highlights of the game one major area of difference I noticed was the number of long range shots and open shot moves created by the US from jumpshots.

Other than Richards (closer range) Australia contrasts in not having jumpshot shooters with range.

A jumpshot is a much better way of getting a quicker shot off after a left or right move or fake and pull up. I am surprised at the number of coaches I have seen who don't seem to teach this critical skill at junior level.

Reply #374966 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fantastic effort, without going back over it that must have been close to our best performance against the US. Our point guards did a good job for the most part after copping a lot of criticism. Harrower's defence was brilliant.

Cambage of course was amazing, and Jarry was outstanding after I called here 'surplus to requirement' earlier in the tourny.

Now they need to play just as well against Russia and make sure they get a keepsake to bring home with them.

Reply #374986 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Jackson and Cambage very emotional after that game .
Jackson : " I don't want to finish with 3 silver and nothing . It's GOTTA be 3 silver and a bronze . Just have to hard against Russia , now . "

Reply #374988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul, comparing losses and calling this our best loss is why we lag behind. We lost because some younger, tougher and hungrier basketballers were not selected.

Reply #375013 | Report this post

Years ago

Would have loved a slam on usa

Reply #375015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who were younger,tougher and hungrier???

Reply #375018 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

We lost because the opposition were better.

Lauren Jackson summed it up perfectly when she said in some past losses to the USA the team had given up, but in this game they fought as hard as they could but were just outplayed.

Reply #375021 | Report this post

Is it possible that Clark Griswald (AKA coach Graf ) placed a small wager on USA. After leaving Harrower on for far too long in many of the earlier games, in the last quarter when USA's zone forced us out further and further, Harrower with her deep 3/s sat on the bench!! Surely there was an opportunity to let her loose with the instruction, "now jack it up"

Reply #375023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i loved the quote from screen - "i would have been a liability out there in the second half" - its unclear whether she said this before or after she got injured..

Reply #375026 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great effort by the girls in this game against what is clearly the best team in the competition.

I would argue that this was the Opal's best game of the tourney to date. I would think it is only just that Australia's other conqueror in this tournament - France - has made the gold medal game agsint the USA.

Reply #375040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so is graf out or what?

Reply #375043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A player gets injured and you take the piss out of them while they are down. classy stuff mate, you are pathetic.
Great effort by the opals.

Reply #375101 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Great effort by the Opals and worth watching in the middle of the night.

The first half was excellent: anyone know if the Opals have led at half time against the US before?

Unfortunately for us, the US adjusted well (zone defence) in the second half and we couldn't respond to that. They are the tournament favourites for a reason though...very tough to beat them over 40 minutes.

Reply #375105 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754