anonymouse
Years ago

Centrals women to add an import

word on the street is that the centrals women are going to add an import for this weekend's game. anyone got details?

Topic #2901 | Report this topic

Lions Parent  
Years ago

The lioness will only be playing players that have been on their list all season, Glenn has said from the beginning that he wouldn't change hos team through the season

Reply #32907 | Report this post

my thought  
Years ago

I too heard they were playing an import, for the rest of the season. Heard she was always going to play for Centrals, but not till half way through - wonder if shes any good??
Good luck to Centrals girls, hope you score the win.

Reply #32911 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Centrals with a womens team that could come close to a win.........Good Luck Girls.

Reply #32932 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

Lions Parent

Glenn has changed his roster. The girl is 6' 10" and plays in the European League. Starting five for Lyon in France.

Reply #32940 | Report this post

EKK,

Isn't that a new oxymoron a Centrals women's team that wins?

Almost in the same class as a useful comment by Bizzy.

A 6ft 10-chick, can she walk, talk and chew gum at the same time? If so look out she is a keeper for the lions.

Good luck to them, something tells me they will stuff it up again and the import will be looking for a new team next season&or in about 3 weeks.

Reply #32951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon its probably someone Glenn has roped into play as a favour. She is probably going to play to help Glenn out.

Reply #32953 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

Maybe Glenn is playing dress up?

Reply #32957 | Report this post

its someone he used to coach previously

Reply #33002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, he coached her previously (elsewhere from SA) and she has been on the list, have a look, very few that are on the list and haven't played yet.........

Reply #33005 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Well if it's hte same import I saw last night, she isn't 6'10" (I'd say she was more 5'10") and she isn't that good. Dribbles the ball so low that she cant get the shot up.

Reply #33094 | Report this post

Lions Parent  
Years ago

Hey there FLY, If you are a coach then you are an idiot, my kids have been told to keep their dribble low looking at the stats the import got 10 shots off last night so she didn't have too much trouble. if you aren't a coach maybe you should go to a bookstore and buy a book on basketball and memorise it, maybe your clubs under 12 coach can help you with ball handling drills...

Reply #33104 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Hey Lions Parent,
Thanks for your feedback. I probably think less of you than you do of me, I'm glad you're a parent not a player because you would get the ball thrown down your throat everytime you took a shot.
Remember who won on Saturday night.
Have a nice day.

Reply #33141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754