Anonymous
Years ago

Warriors great U10 junior fees: $50/season

$50 per season for under 10s-including uniform hire,now that sounds great i wonder if others clubs will follow?

Topic #29066 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A great way to get new members to the club.

Reply #375888 | Report this post

BearCat2  
Years ago

Last season West realised that a 're-structure' was required to attract young players to the club to "breed our own".
It was decided that U10 players would have no fees and U12 players receive a 50% reduction in fees.
There is also a very good uniform 'loan' scheme available for u10 & U12 players, along with some quality 2nd hand uniforms for sale.

Reply #375900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bearcat, Has not worked for you has it? Your Under 10s really struggling numbers wise?

Reply #375905 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bit rough to expect instant results?

Has anyone collated junior fees by club for comparison? I'd be happy to host a page on Hoops that helped parents compare at least the financial side of things. Do clubs post this info on their site openly?

Reply #375908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do it issaac so people can see how much they are being ripped off

Reply #375909 | Report this post

BearCat2  
Years ago

Anon 905-- The wheel turns slowly, but an obvious problem was recognised and acted upon.
West expect to nominate at least 2 U10 boys teams for Summer (If you are the eternal optimist, you could say that we have doubled the number of U10 boys teams from last season)
The club is holding 2 free Come & Try sessions for U10 and U12 players very soon. If interested- www.bearcats.net.au

Reply #375911 | Report this post

Years ago

you may only get what you pay for.

if the cheapest option is your fit that is fine and good.

at the end of the day, for me it is about the basketball not money, people wins or losses, stadiums.

if this means more kids playing fair enough but where will the "cheapest option" be when they have to drive across town or go to melbourne for a tourney etc - if the club wants to stock D1 players they better get used to interstate tourneys and petrol money.

cheapest option may attract families that just want a game at their local stadium / club - but will it attract future players that will have to fork out some $ ?

placebo for me.

Reply #375924 | Report this post

Years ago

but i will say all the best warriors - the woodville i like to recall was around 2002/3/4 - had around 3 girls team in every grade - state u20 female players.
mens abl playing mavs in the GF - darren ng etc etc

great local tussles with bearcats.

Reply #375929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Things will be difficult for Western Magic now,maybe time to capitulate & do what the cougars did?

Reply #375945 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, if people send me the info, I'll create something. Might be useful for parents wanting to get their kids into basketball to see what comps are available, typical prices, where they play, how much travel is to be expected, etc.

Reply #375950 | Report this post

Years ago

good idea isaac

Reply #375980 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would like to see a BSA league at a lower level aimed at primary schools, similar to the footy. The more kids involved in the sport, the better the pointy bit of the pyramid will be and everyone will benefit.

For example, Flinders Park PS kids play footy in the WWT league. Kids at East Adelaide PS play in the Norwood league. Wouldn't it be great to see ten primary school competitions associated with district clubs!

The easier it is to enter a sport, the higher the takeup. Woodville is in a low socio-economic area. If you're a parent with a sporty kid and it costs less to play one sport and the kid doesn't really mind, they would play that sport.

The stronger ALL clubs are, the better it is for ALL clubs

Reply #376009 | Report this post

ttt  
Years ago

Jack, some clubs are ahead of you already. School based domestic comps run by district clubs are already happening.

Reply #376010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack. BSA run these comps and take the money from them. They are against Clubs running them because it would cut into their own profits.

Reply #376011 | Report this post

ttt  
Years ago

Jack, some clubs are ahead of you already. School based domestic comps run by district clubs are already happening.

Reply #376012 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That's the problem though. Consistency!

There's none at the moment. The structure of basketball is dis-organised.

Reply #376019 | Report this post

Nug  
Years ago

Really live the idea of something like this isaac. I have always had a lot of trouble comparing pricing across clubs- some seem to be a little hesitant in providing that sort of information readily. Hardly any clubs had it available on their website. Do many of my friends children would be interested in taking their basketball further but money was the factor holding them back. Would be great if parents like this had an easy way of comparing- might help them take the plunge.

Reply #376064 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754