Isaac
Years ago

New Wildcats naming rights deal worth $1.5m

Great naming rights deal for the Cats:

Beveridge spoke to PerthNow today as the club announced a three-year sponsorship deal with Healthway.

It is the biggest deal in the club's history, worth $1.5 million, and will carry through to the end of the 2015 season, with the sponsor named as the Wildcats' principal partner.
Same article suggests the Cats will make few changes to their roster for the coming season. Nevill and Williamson out, Bartlett in, Trueman to get a bit more time?

Looks like:

Martin/Robbins
Lisch/Bartlett
Redhage/Tovey
Wagstaff/Hire
Knight/Trueman

(Mod: Forgot that the roster had already been confirmed!)

Topic #29078 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Good news for them and the NBL.
Still a tough team without Nevill but I think their success will be measured on the health of Knight.

Reply #376065 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Um.. Wildcats roster was finalised months ago..

But yeah good deal on the sponsor, I just hope they can have the logo on the jerseys without the black background.. way too dominate.. I guess thats what half a mill a season gets you though.

Reply #376067 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Speaking of Nevill has he got a gig somewhere yet? Expected to be in Europe? Or NBL?

Reply #376073 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

alexkrad, forgot Trueman was locked in. Their roster was settled back in May - oops! Thanks for letting me know.

Reply #376074 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Haha no worries! As a Wildcats member I am probably more observant on these things!

Hoping Trueman can step up and provide some good back up minutes. I think he is ready but always looked abit unconfident when he actually got on last season.

Also not sure Redhage will start at the 3 with Wagstaff at the 4. But I do think Wagstaff deserves more minutes this year and would be a starter on any other team. Hire is really a 3 in this team although he plays like a 4, lacking a little height he suits the 3 better at NBL level. He has been working on playing more that role in the SBL this season and I think he will have a breakout year.

Reply #376085 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Healthway should always have been the major sponsor and glad they have stepped up thier sponsorship.

This could be the reward in the Wildcats insistance on not having any junk food companies sponsor them, as I think Healthway have a condition to only sponsor them if no alcohol or junk foods sponsored them.

Also, I wonder if other sports teams have the same conditions imposed on them?

Reply #376087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Burger King has long been a major sponsor of Kirk Penney the Breakers.

Reply #376089 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

am actually pretty annoyed no one has picked up nevill.
was one of the few players in the league i enjoyed watching, throwing down around 3 dunks a game plus the dude is a giant - would be an asset to any NBL team, he's better than the majority of centers in the league

Reply #376090 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

@boss Not to mention the interest he got from many NBA clubs surely theres a euro deal in there somewhere one would hope..

Reply #376096 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Not sure where but Nevill will be in Europe.

Reply #376097 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, you'd hope Nev would get a gig somewhere!

Reply #376102 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

His agent says they have some offers in Europe but hasnt ruled out the NBL.

http://andthefoul.net/archives/4427

It's hard to see where he would fit though. Cairns need a centre but are said to have made an offer to an import. The other possibility would be if an import big underperforms very early, but Europe looks likely.

Reply #376103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scary to hear someone finds Nevill good to watch!

Reply #376110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 dunks a game...I don't remember him doing that in one game!

Reply #376112 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Hard not to dunk at 7, 2"!!

Reply #376139 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754