Lion Tamer
Years ago

Central Districts: ABL Men's Coach 2013 EOI

This is being advertised and the club has an opportunity to move in the right direction. They have not been in finals for some time now despite their junior program developing promising juniors who are heading over to college.

What does the club need to do to be successful? and what type of coach do they need to appoint to make it happen?

Topic #29092 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they can find anyone to do a better job than what Whitmore did ( with the talent available) then I will be very surprised.
Could argue that they only had 1 starter (maybe 2)that would start on any of the 5 teams that participated in finals.

While there records wasnt great they performed reasonably well imo for the talent they had available.
Would be interesting to see where they would have finished with Carlin for more than 5 or 6 games ?

Reply #376280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like Centrals have a lot of coaches to replace this off season

Reply #376281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no one is replacing whitmore. this is an eoi. i think the club want to explore the market. if they find someone better than whitmore I'll be gobsmacked.

Reply #376284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so when do we expect the announcement that Whitmore has blood on his hands and has been appointed Woodville women's coach and that Mahoney & Cummins are going with him

Reply #376285 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Never. He didn't interview with Woodville.

Reply #376286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you sure Isaac?
I think your information is incorrect on this one.
But knowing that whitmore is still under contract there wasnt an interview... A little like Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Reply #376289 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, I'm sure. And while I'm sure he showed interest, he did not submit an application or get interviewed.

How is my information incorrect?

Reply #376294 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hard to get good coaches anywhere these days at the elite level because of the amount of time, effort and money involved.

Reply #376299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a good opportunity for Whitmore to review his commitment to the Lions and for the Lions to review their commitment to him.

Whitmore is a great coach/person, with a very successful playing background, he knows how to win, can coach, and I'm sure both parties will come together again.

Reply #376310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lion Tamer, do i take it that you dont believe Whimore is the man to take this program forward ?

If so, what do you base this opinion on?
Purely win / Loss ?

Reply #376318 | Report this post

Lion Tamer  
Years ago

No not at all.

I am interested in what people's opinions are as to whether they are on the right track, what track should they be on, and what type of captain should be at the helm of the ship.

The Men's ABL comp is very competitive and this season we have seen any side beat any side on the night. Therefore, what is it about the successful teams that make them more successful than the rest?

Reply #376320 | Report this post

No!  
Years ago

Lions are chasing Sapwell is my mail

Reply #376325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, are you telling the entire basketball population that he did not meet with ANYBODY from Woodvilles committee in regards to coaching a Woodville team?

Reply #376353 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lets see how long it takes to get onto Whitmore bash again- Isaac is on the money as he always is. Centrals need his direction, although Sapwellis in the House

Reply #376362 | Report this post

europa  
Years ago

Whitmore > Sapwell

Reply #376367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Closing date of 18 September??? Doesn't leave much time for the coach to recruit,unless this is a formality and they already know who they want...

Reply #376395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

abl season starts in march... plenty of time

Reply #376396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

September is the open window time to approach all players. If they're signed in October, bad luck, you can't even talk to them.

Reply #376397 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

other clubs yet to appoint ? - tigers appts close close sept as well - so obviously closing date not an issue as well as teams into finals

Reply #376402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers applications closed last friday

Reply #376409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so where are the conspiracy theory degenerates now -Scott all the best

Reply #380625 | Report this post

SABOY  
Years ago

Well done Scott congrats on getting a new contract.

Reply #381163 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754