Tiger Watcher
Years ago

Big V Finals

Went and caught both the Championship games at Eltham on Saturday night must say well done Eltham on putting together a great show with a packed stadium.

SCM: Ringwood pulled it out in the second half after Eltham gave them a good scare in the 2nd quarter but in the end they just have to much depth/firepower for Eltham to hold out and I expect they'll sweep it by winning Game 2 easily.

SCW: Eltham were always going to win from the minute Caitlin Cunningham walked over to the crowd at half time and very loudly said to her friend "I don't want to be here, i don't even know why they asked me to play!"

From the outside as a Tiger's supporter pretty dissapointed to hear that from a Big V pin up girl...pretty poor attitude so i think it sets the tone and Eltham will close out game 2 and go back to back!

Topic #29096 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree TW. 2 years in a row Eltham have put on a good show with great crowds. Let's hope we can do the same this week.

I was surprised with the move to recruit Cunningham in the first place. She has been a disappointment at every team she's played for. I was on the other side of the court so didn't hear that comment but I'm shocked that she even hit the court at all after making it.

Reply #376327 | Report this post

TIGERSFAN  
Years ago

Went down to Geelong and watched Geelong vs Mildura in D1 Men, Had everything , big scores , half time punch up between the teams , more Fights , ejections , specators and coaches going at each other , Overtime and Jermaine Williams this guy was brilliant even if he did knock my teamout of the finals, got Mildura over the line in Game 1.

Reply #376338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw the D1W (Craigieburn Vs Warnambool) and the D2M (Craigieburn Vs Keysborough) games Saturday night. I must say plenty of intensity in both games and a decent level of basketball. Atmosphere was awesome. Well done to the Craigieburn Association on getting both teams in the the GF series! On top of this, one must say Craigieburn had a very well presented game night.

Big V has really improved the quality of their package over the last few years and one feels it will only continue to improve.

The media, livestats and game presentation has taken huge leaps forward in a short time.

Reply #376571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see 2 country teams fighting out the D1M GF series.

Can someone confirm if the BIG V is what was once known as (many many many years ago) the CVIBL (Country Victorian Invitiational Basketball League)??

If so how many country teams are in the competitin at the moment? I agree the Big V has come a long way, but I think there are probably alot of small country associations that could play in the lower Division of the Big V. What about Echuca, Colac, Bellarine Peninsula, Sheparton and Swan Hill???

Would be awesome for the sport ot see some of those associations enter / return.

As I said good job to the Big V, but would be better if we could get some more country clubs in hey?

Reply #376574 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

It would be great if the league could get Echuca, Wangaratta, Shep etc back into the league.....Outside of 3 or 4 teams it really is a Melb metro competition.

Reply #376593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horsham, geelong, warrnambool and mildura are country clubs we must keep..
Would be good to see Warragul and shepparton come back in before others.
Echuca would be good long term

Reply #376707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LIVE STREAMING STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MEN GAME 2

Stream begins at 7.55pm with interviews and pre-game chatter.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO WATCH!

http://www.justin.tv/websterhoops/

Reply #377018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Note above time is EST.

Reply #377019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Eltham woman, back to back champions!!

Reply #377077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to all the Championship teams across all the divisions.

To the best of my knowledge- Echuca pulled out of the league as they were at what is now known as Div1 but we sick of playing against the big SEABL clubs 'second sides' where clubs like Frankston and Nunawading would play players down for some practice and the Pirates would not be able to match them as they were only a small club. Is eventually became a huge problem and then the league brought int the 'Youth League' concept. Unfortuantly this came in too late to save Echuca.

With that being said, I feel if the Big V adminsitration worked with The Echuca Basketball Association they could get them back up and running.

I was speaking to my clubs delgate and he said that some clubs had suggested among themselves that more needed to be done to get the country clubs back involved. Things like reducing (or even removing) their entry fee to allow them to spend money on travel.

I feel there is plenty of support from the basketball community out there to help our country clubs get back on their feet.

Reply #377522 | Report this post

Big V fan  
Years ago

Shep have been confirmed to be coming back into the D2M comp next season.

Fantastic news and a huge well done to the Big V in working to make thius happen.

Can we see another country club return next season?

Reply #383656 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Thats great news love to see Shepp back in the league....they had some great teams in the early 2000's and it's a great place to play!

Reply #383658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aparently Echuca is looking in to it they just missed the boat for 2013

Reply #385345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:46 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754