DJ
Years ago

NBA Coming to Australia

NBA to Host 36 International Events

Finally they are coming to Australia, ok so its not an NBA game, but considering the increasing number of overseas pre-season games they are playing perhaps that is not too far away.

Australia ยท NBA Madness, an interactive touring event featuring NBA lifestyle attractions and tests of fundamental basketball skills, will bring its excitement to Australia for the first time this year in addition to annual stops in the Philippines and Taiwan.

Cheers, DJ

Topic #291 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't be a bad thing!

Reply #2218 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

I'm guessing this will be like NBA Jam Session back in the mid 90's. That was great and they had a few players come over as well, Hersey Hawkins and someone else. I think it is a great move and now all they need to do is bring an NBA game over here, pre-season or regular season.

Reply #2239 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Didnt Shaq come over with the Jam Session. I can remember Hawkins did but I am pretty sure Shaq did too. He was pretty unimpressive at the time at dealing with the Aussie media.

Reply #2243 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I'm scared.

The site doesn't mention specific cities, just 'Australia'. Sydney and Melbourne, anyone? :(

Reply #2257 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Back in the day it was Hersy Hawkins (76ers) and Kenny Smith (Rockets) But Kenny Smith pulled out of the Adelaide section because he was "sick"! So we got Some other Australian Player. they had a 3point shoot out and scored a combined total of about 14.
It was great!

It was so great I went home and looked for some inspiration in my bag!

Reply #2310 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Apparently it will be some FORMER NBA Stars in Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal, Luc Longley & Detlef Schrempf (sp?)

and it will be held in Melbourne at the Melbourne Sports & Aquatics Centre.

Not sure if their will be a Sydney one also, but one would think so.

Doubtfull there will be an Adelaide one.

Cheers, DJ

Reply #2317 | Report this post

baller09  
Years ago

if they have the 76ers, lakers or mavericks here i am so going.

Reply #3837 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

its only in Melbourne and prolly Sydney. their is also talk of a brisbane show. when will they learn that people aint gona pay money to see GAZE and especially HEAL. the whole thing is just a fun thing with lil games and stuff. nothing good.
BRYANT came over once and did a one on one thing at sydney (which i was apart of as a lil tacker). this is way back though. need to bring people out like SHAQ and what not if they want it to succeed.
is also talk of NBA games in australia in the future (im talking 5 years time).

Reply #3864 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

From memory it was meant to be Hersey Hawkins and Cliff Robinson wasnt it??? i remember my brother brought a Cliff Robinson Portland jersey and was megga pissed that he was a no show.

tho the Jam Session dominated as they had small rings for peeps to dunk and you could call the final seconds of a big game was quite the fun day would go to it again if it came down to Adelaide again

Shnrub Out

Reply #4380 | Report this post

Utep2Step  
Years ago

Jam Session included bj armstrong, scott brooks,hersey hawkins,detlef schrempf...shaq came for rebook promo,kobe for adidas promo,,never jam session.
nba coming here relies on bogut having a great season or two..imagine if ming sucked? no way nba went to china.
nba moved their offices out of sydney and melb back in 92...before heal was in minny.

Reply #40331 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

Leon trimmingham was at the Adelaide Jam session, along with Hersey

Reply #40401 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I played 1 on 1 with Leon. Also with Rick Brunson.

Reply #40402 | Report this post

ChelloChop  
Years ago

I remember Jason Kidd and Hersey Hawkins being at the one in Perth in the early 90's

Reply #422920 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754