Jake
Years ago

NH: Buddy Rumors

There is a lot of rumour and innuendo coming out of Melbourne with Buddy who has missed 6 weeks of footy now after suffering what most experts say was a 2-3 week injury.

I remember when similar rumours were coming out of WA re Cousins for years and just shut down.

What are peoples thoughts?

Topic #29100 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

waiting to get locked

Reply #376381 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

yawns.

Reply #376391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

libertine go to be if your tired

Reply #376394 | Report this post

buddy ya mate  
Years ago

seems to be very intriguing - remember speeding episode in car was during this time - he not travelling smoothly is he ? rumouir mil in melbourne be doing overtime
the guy a legend though - 10 goals v swans

Reply #376403 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Did he have 2 weeks off to go to the Olympics ?
No , but he's here in the living room
having a cup of tea .

Reply #376416 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Yeah they had on the tv this morning an interview with Shane Crawford who denied both rumours, one being he copped his third strike and the second rumour was he took a couple of weeks off to go to the Olympics.
There is a LOT of talk about the first one and even the commentators seem to be insinuating there is more to it without actually stating anything. It seems they have to bite their toungue on the whole situation!

Reply #376417 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

I live in the Docklands not far from AFL House. Was having breakfast in a cafe there this morning, and I overheard a convo between two media journos about a "third strike." Needless to say they were looking at today's Herald Sun which has a nice big picture of Buddy on the back page.

Reply #376420 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

this is clearly a basketball site so we dont reslly care..'buddy'

Reply #376430 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Where there is smoke, there is fire...or a crack pipe.

Reply #376433 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hurls, there's an AFL category on here and the topic was clearly marked as non-hoops.

Everyone else, if I get any legal/police requests for identities of posters over remarks made, I will comply. Watch your tongues.

Reply #376434 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

Aker put up on twitter last week that he's actually had four strikes and it's a massive AFL cover up - also heard similar rumblings about a few high profile St Kilda forwards.

Reply #376457 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

if you rely on what aker says then your in trouble. that guy will say anything.

fingers crossed hes back this week as need him on my supercoach team.

Reply #376467 | Report this post

Elvis  
Years ago

Aker!!LOL

Reply #376471 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Whether Aker's knows for sure or not, hasn't he already come unstuck for making false drug-based allegations without proof?

Reply #376475 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No AFL stars would use illicit drugs on a weekly basis and the AFL wouldnt cover for them if they did. Certainly no players who had never failed drug tests would get found in possession by the police, and they definitely wouldnt have to check themselves into rehab.

Reply #376478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL to the comment above

I HOPE you are joking.

Reply #376484 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Rooting your best mates missus (who happens to be your vice captain) if you're an AFL superstar = second chance
Getting caught using drugs 3 times if you're an AFL superstar = 'second chance'

Reply #376486 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

The AFL has actually introduced a 4 year lapse clause in regards to positive tests for recreational drugs . You will never hear them mention it but the timing was quite convenient considering the rumour mill what 4-5 years ago . have heard there are 3 players that have tested positive 4 times in total but will not divulge any names or sources . So essentially over a 10+ year career you could test positive 6+ times and never cop anything .

Reply #376491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two words some it all up.

TALL POPPY.

Reply #376505 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

rotate on this, important to note if you test positive on game day (theoretically) you go straight to the tribunal.

Reply #376514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754