skip
Years ago

All NBL Rosters just about filled

So far Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Townsville have completed their rosters with 6 spots still to be filled between the other 4 teams.

ADELAIDE
Two spots remaining. Expected to go to a back up big man and an import guard. Widely tipped to be Pero & Massingale.

CAIRNS
Only one spot left. They have mentioned they are looking for an import forward for the final spot.

NEW ZEALAND
Only one spot remaining and is widely tipped to go to Corey Webster who was dumped last year for drug use.

WOOLONGONG
Two spots left, both likly to go to Imports. A point guard and a Forward/Centre.

This leaves a fair bit of local talent from last year without a club now. Names like Herbert, Dillon, Nevil, Cooper, Williamson, Dowdell to name a few. Many of whom were regular starters last year.

Goes to show that it's not just the players of a folding team that suffer the consequences.

Topic #29113 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Hawks have 3 (2 import and 1 local.. Haven't replaced Soup's spot yet)

Looks like the local spot will go to a big as well.

Reply #376558 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Whoops. Would Daniel Jackson be a chance for that?

Reply #376561 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Must admited surprised a few of thease guys missed getting a gig.

Nevil - He'll get a Euro gig

Herbert - Solid role player (Year away from SEABL people can easlier forget you)

Dillon - One of best perimeter defenders in league and great at attacking the rim...poor Big V season probably didn't help his chances!

Cooper - is under sized but thought he'd get a back-up gig somewhere as defensively/hustle was always great
(Playing Waratah wouldn't have helped his chances would have been better in QBL/SEABL/Big V to ensure he stayed in the spotlight a little more)

Reply #376564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon Wollongong should sign Dillon. Would be a good fit for both

Reply #376567 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wollongong have already signed Jackson. They are going with 11 players again. Import combo guard, another import, then a local big. Have posted before about them trialling Macmillan and Osborn.

Reply #376568 | Report this post

The Observer  
Years ago

Have watched Massingale many times though my involvement of SEABL. I think he would make a great transition to the NBL, as long as he realises that his scoring and playing time will dry up.

A great scorer who plays pretty consistant defence. He should be a good addition coming of the bench.

Reply #376575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Tom Daly didn't get picked up by Wollongong?

Reply #376578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper won't get anywhere near an NBL roster unless the second Melbourne team comes to fruition.

Reply #376587 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

I thought Nevil had already signed in Russia or something recently? I swear I read an article saying something along those lines since Wildcats couldn't fit him in...

Reply #376591 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Nevill still unsigned

Dan Jackson signed (like Isaac said, going with 11)

Tom Daly tried out for Wollongong but was not signed

Macmillan is back in Wollongong today training with the Hawks. Looking good so far!

Reply #376595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans have re-signed Kerry Williams.

Reply #376614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard today that both import spots at Woolongong are stitched up with an announcement to come soon.

Reply #376662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754