Anonymous
Years ago

Juniors Finals Time

Who's in? Who's not? Who's gonna win?

Topic #29151 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait until Monday afternoon or maybe Tuesday when BSA can be bothered putting results up.

As it's the last round of the season would it be so hard for BSA to work a weekend and update results? Teams training on Sunday would probably like to know if they're playing and who they're playing against.

Another example of the great customer service from BSA.

Reply #377030 | Report this post

Years ago

cant wait for the statsman to visit !

Reply #377043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the statsman?

Reply #377044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If sportingpulse was updated we might know! nudge nudge

Reply #377173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And an hour later its done :P

Boys 18
Forestville Eagles vs Norwood Flames
Southern Tigers vs Sturt Sabres

Girls 18
Eastern Mavericks vs Forestville Eagles
Sturt Sabres vs Southern Tigers

Boys 16
Forestville Eagles vs Norwood Flames
Sturt Sabres vs North Adelaide

Girls 16
Forestville Eagles vs Sturt Sabres
North Adelaide vs West Adelaide

Boys 14
Norwood Flames vs Eastern Mavericks
Central Districts vs Sturt Sabres

Girls 14
Sturt Sabres vs Southern Tigers
Forestville Eagles vs Central Districts

Boys 12
Woodville Warriors vs Southern Tigers

Girls 12
Eastern Mavericks vs Sturt Sabres
Forestville Eagles vs West Adelaide

Boys 10
North Adelaide vs South Adelaide
Sturt Sabres vs Woodville Warriors

Girls 10
Woodville Warriors vs South Adelaide

Reply #377185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not that I work for BSA before you all claim I do.

I would prefer that all table were checked and correct and information for finals were correct than post in haste and regret it.

sure teams trained on sunday and it would have been good to know but most teams should have had a fair idea who their opposing team was likely to be it is still Monday plenty of time to adjust and make arrangements it is not like they let you know thursday morning.

Reply #377190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, who wants to start the finals banter first?

Reply #377197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Bearcats U16 girls are going to take it out by launching North into the stratosphere!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #377239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last time you guys said that you got smacked. You guys never learn.

Reply #377245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only thing Bearcats are going to beat North at is number of turnovers

Reply #377261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Bearcat will prevail,and succumb all obstacles that stand between it & the winter season trophy-be scared,be very scared.....HAHAHAHAHAHA(crazy laugh)!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #377457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U18 Boys Tigers Girls Sturt
U16 Boys Rockets Girls Rockets
U14 Boys Centrals Girls Forestville
U12 Boys Forestville Girls Forestville
U10 Boys Sturt Girls Forestville

They are my tips

Reply #377460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there once was a bearcat who boasted
we've got this won! they toasted
their good mood decayed
when the rockets they played
and they got totally roasted
MWAHAHAHAHA

Reply #377462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets in 16 boys? That's a joke right?

Reply #377486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does a Rockets player do after they have won a championship-----they turn the play station off!HAHAHA,Bearcats all the way baby.

Reply #377488 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

at least they have one .hahaha

Reply #377551 | Report this post

Years ago

north are a good chance in u16 b and g

Reply #377556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats the difference between the Bearcats u16 girls and the loser of Friday nights game? Nothing! mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #377608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 years ago West lost due to poor refereeing.

Reply #377609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #377486 have you even looked to see where they went on the ladder? Or how they played against the other teams in the finals?

Probably not probably a Sturt goon

Reply #377612 | Report this post

Blue goon  
Years ago

Us Sturt "goons" have a tremendous amount of respect for North 16 boys - apparently more than you have for us judging by your name-calling. You have defeated us a number of times and won 15 games this season, we always have tight competitive games, and we know that you could very well win the season (as could Forestville or Norwood, it is a very even grade).

Reply #377663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats with Sturt getting U18 finals at Sturt When Tigers topped ladder, shouldn't tigers host Sturt at home or is that the power Sturt have over BSA?

Reply #377696 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Well said blue goon.They are good contests.See you friday night for another.

Reply #377697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #377696,

Every year at this time BSA get accused of not playing home and away for finals.

If you had bothered to take the time to look, you would see that the finals are decided by grades at a stadium because when they are organised, they dont know who will be top.

Hence, they are the same venue every year.

Reply #377704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how unusual for west to blame the referees

Reply #377717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Adelaide's Bearcat will let out a winning growl Friday night,it will be the shriek de triumph.

Reply #377737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like in summer or state champs or classics ( oops didn't make them)? Go shoot some jumpers instead of your mouth you silly West fool!

Reply #377739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is true,only because of internal team problems,but now the Bearcat is complete & out to achieve what should have been a long time ago.And yeah sticks & stones can break my bones but words of a fearful Rocket will never hurt me.Just give us your best and let us all enjoy this division one playoff rhapsody.

Reply #377744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #377704

Look where the BSA finals distribution policy on their website?

Here's what I see and look for yourself at each division and finals venues oh lots of games played on neutral grounds for lots of teams BUT Sturt get home games for
Boys U16 Dv1, U18 Dv1, U18 Dv4, U12 Dv3
Girls U16 Dv1,U18 Dv1, U12 Dv3, U16 Dv3

Look through the divisions for all clubs and see if any other club got as many important finals at home oh you can't their all mostly at neutral venues.

Reply #377753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same with 14 boys. Sturt finished second but last two rounds of finals Pasadena.

Is that fair for Norwood, Eastern or Centrals (who finished top) who don't get a home court final?

Reply #377765 | Report this post

Years ago

state champs every Gf is at the dome and reserves GFs at wayville - truth is they are centrally located and nobody really knows who will be playing.

Q if say north make u12 D1 and 2 boys and girls and then u14 div 1 and 2 boys and girls - then u16s and 18s-

how do they all get a home final at a 2 court stadium

8 courts req for just u12s and 14s - seeing them play at 9pm as well as 6 pm.

then the u16s and 18s want home finals

cant work

Reply #377766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year all the finals were at Wayville, this year (I assume) it is unavailable because of the show. The next best venue (Centralised) is Pasadena.
"Home" finals won't work - BSA will not open up a stadium for 1 game due to costs, and as a neutral, I'd much rather go to Wayville or Pasadena to watch all the D1 finals back-to-back.

Reply #377782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see why they can't cater home games for div 1 and from there down, your comments about them not knowing who will be playing finals is bs what they don't check sportingpulse? not very often 1st spot isn't predeterminded and even still it doesn't take long to roster a finals series.

Reply #377796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then why cant all finals be played at the Dome?

Reply #377798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the cost of such a move. PLus you cant fit all the games into that venue.

BSA do not pay for courts hire at their current venues.

BSA would lose $135 per hour. or over $500 per night.

Reply #377799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nothing better than beating sturt at pasadena, just get the job done

Reply #377803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering Wayville is out of actin due to the show.

Where do you think they should be playing their hoe games???

Reply #377805 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

BSA do actually pay for court hire as the courts are hired in a long term arrangement. The cost of that is recovered by hiring the courts to tenants, such as district clubs etc. Therefore the cost of the court hire for finals is effectively hidden and so BSA can effectively write the cost of the courts as zero for that event. It's just clever accounting, but dumb business practice.

BSA obvious recover enough of that money over the course of the year to cover the stadium hire, but it is a little false economy. Let's say the commercial stadium hire rate in this state is $45/hr. Now BSA have locked in long term tenancies at several stadiums. Without knowing the exact rate, I would imagine the rent at is paid with some discount of some description regardless of your view.

A stadium is available for rent for games, Sunday trainings, mid-week. Carnivals.

This competition hire needs to be recovered at the commercial rate, not the discounted rate. It is false economy not to charge commercial rate hire.

If BSA charged themselves at the commercial rate, then the cost of competition would be a true cost and there would be a yearly excess that would mean BSA is in a healthy position. It is not a profit. BSA are a not for profit organisation, but need to aim for an excess in operational costs to be financially stable.

Reply #377807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we have this arguement every season, or every finals to run a stadium for Hillcrest say for a U14 final and U14s play at 7, and keep it open then for a 9pm U18 game is plainly unenomical, door keepers, lights, opening a canteen or bar for two games.

or opening gawler for one game, then you have one child playing at gawler at 6.15 another child playing at port adelaide at 7.15 and your other child playing at morphett vale at 9.15. and you live at Aldinga. Good luck with that.

Pas and m/vale this time of year makes more sense, m/vale although further for me cause I live north, I don't want to travel but I know that come pre lims and grand finals I will have to make the trip to m/vale or pas. referee's are centrally rostered so you won't be getting just the referees who normally ref in those stadiums.

If you want to read all the other reasons why it is done this way, read back on past histories on the subject on this site.

Or if you think you can change it propose it to your club and get them to bring it up with BSA but you will find that your club reps have already agreed to it.

as much as I enjoy reading hoops - bitching on here often does not achieve much.

Reply #377809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack.

BSA has a one off annual charge (rent) for Pasadena, Wayville, Hillcrest, Morphettvale and Port Adelaide.

Whether they use these courts this week or not that wont change.

If they use the dome they would be paying $135 per hour.

Howver you want to 'account' for it. BSA would be spending $500 for the night that it would otherwise not spend.

Reply #377829 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The courts are not "free" tonight and that is the point I am making. People are of the impression that the courts are being used because BSA don't have to pay anything for their use.

What I am saying, it that BSA have secured the use of these facilities at a lower commercial rate. They need to charge those facilities out at the commercial rate to ensure maximum return to them. A healthy BSA is good for basketball.

When an internal charge is made between cost centres the commercial rate should be used, not the lower rate. That way the true cost of the court hire is reflected.

Reply #377834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wests U16 div 1 girls made a tactical move last night by loosing the game,now wait a few weeks & then the sting.(The Art Of War)!

Reply #377914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754