Jacob
Years ago

NBL teams should consider Tom Jervis

If no one in the nbl is looking at this guy id be horribly shocked.

Just taken east perth to the sbl grandfinal even after they lost wildcats development player jarrod balcombe in the first round ! Consistently goes for 20&20 . Went for 30,20 &10 against waneroo the top side last week.
Destroyed mandurah who boasted an excellent import in mallaneux.
7 footer with excellent defence and timing and can definately play on offence.

Seriously people.

To give you an idea drew williamson plays in same team for about 20/25 a game ...

Topic #29159 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree 100% there's worse guys in the NBL than this guy, has developed a good mid range jump shot in the last couple of years and can just play would be best backup centre in the league in my opinion

Reply #377095 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Cheers champ. Would totally agree. Guys like Truman burston . Amazes me

Reply #377098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Needs to play SEABL I think for him to really show what he has. Drew Williamson did not do that great for Brisbane in the SEABL. SBL is just a weaker league. Jervis I feel needs to give the SEABL a season as the only team that rates SBL is the Wildcats (and that is due to location only).

Reply #377100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats have given him chances and he hasn't worked hard enough. Lots of players on fringes should be getting goes like Jervis but there aren't enough spots anymore.

Reply #377102 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If he hasn't worked hard enough, the ball's in his court. Coaches don't love that.

Reply #377105 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Interesting only today i was watching a video of a clinic that shawn dennis was giving (2011), and at the end he mentions tom jervis and that his body is not ready for the nbl level because he hasn't conditioned it. At about the 20th minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgLsH5vCfY

Reply #377124 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

on a side note, tom is a great bloke, genuine, down to earth and always happy to chat hoops!

Reply #377126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he has had plenty of shots with the cats and taipans. flat out not nbl quailty. he is putting up ok numbers but not enough to be in the 10 of a nbl team.

Reply #377193 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Had a good opportunity to impress at the NBL challenge in Darwin. Instead turned up out of shape looking overweight and a big disappointment considering the NT could have selected a better local.

Reply #377243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess you were all wrong.

Reply #437897 | Report this post

Shaun  
Years ago

This guy is killing it at nbl level atm n still only 26. Good work Tom

Reply #440928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moves almost identical to Chris Anstey. Go cats!!!

Reply #440929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754