Mart
Years ago

Youth League Awards & Future Predictions

Would be interested to hear on a few topics from people involved or interested in Youth League.

Who have been the stand out performers this season? Would would win MVP and make your All Star Fives?

From a future perspective, who do you think has a chance to have an impact, or more of an impact in the next 2-3 years in ABL?

Topic #29166 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doyle (forestville)
J-rob (south)
Standbridge (woodville)
R Clark (woodville)
Ellinson (southern)
Bond (north)
S daly (sturt)

Only other person is majok but he hasn't played enough games

Reply #377236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doyle definitely the best player that I have had to play against this season and who has not missed a majority of the season so I would pick he would win mvp.

Reply #377259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about girls?

Reply #377260 | Report this post

fleagle  
Years ago

Stephan Wright is the most overlooked player in Youth League at present, he has the ability to change games but somehow does not catch peoples eye, state or at sturt. He has improved and improved but unless you are a guard or a favoured player forget it. Mark my words, Stephan will play a blinder Saturday and unless he scores the winning free throw will be ignored.

You go Stephan, you would be welcome at our club anyday, oh and my future prediction.

Reply #377268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Winner should be from one of the top teams so my guess
Forestville- Doyle most likely to win it
Sturt- not sure as to many of them would get votes, Sam daly though if I was to chose
Southern- ellinson
Woodville- standbridge, and younger Clark but I think they might take to many votes of each other
North- bond and brine don't know how many games they have played though?

Reply #377275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's twice now Sam Daly has been mentioned. I don't know the league too well but I just looked at the ladder and Sturt are top. Is their best player really an u18? I notice they have another u18 playing for them too. Looks like they're in good hands for the future if that's the case.

But I guess what I'm really asking is, is Sam actually the best guy on the team/amongst the best in the league?

Reply #377278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doyle will win, no players to steal votes from him really, plus won many games.
Woodville, Sturt and southern have numerous players that have had good games throughout the year
Sturt - daly, daly, wright, Marriott, kareta, burns
Southern - smyth, Ellison, johns, Williams
Woodville - stanbridge, Clark, Clark, white, Furness
Forestville - majok and Doyle? Who would both get 2/3 votes each week I presume based on scores

Reply #377282 | Report this post

Red 51  
Years ago

Adam Schild From North should! big presence on the inside and is always consistant, i want to play like him when i grow up! Rockets for life! <3 xoxox

Reply #377337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My top 5
A Doyle
J Bond
L Standbridge
C Ellinson
R Clark

All have been consistent throughout the year

Reply #377438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fleagle,

If he was overlooked he wouldnt play at all Saturday. No other club in finals plays people his age.

You obviously dont consider defense nor rebounding important.

Reply #377440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam daly isn't that good, got slaughtered by Sam johns Friday night, johns showed why he was in the Australian team that went to china

Reply #377449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why did they lose?

Or are yu saying a bottom age is better than both of them?

Reply #377455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They lost because it's always better to have the loss during the season than finals, its tradition, now they should come and smash them out of the stadium.

Reply #377458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MVP: Adam Doyle - by far best player in youth league this year

All Star 5:
1. Doyle
2. Daly (Bond, but now in US)
3. Standbridge
4. Ellison
5. Wright (Majok, but now in US)

Reply #377487 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Majok is better than doyle

Reply #377505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #377458,

So why did they lose State Champs?

Reply #377529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any thoughts on the girls youth league?

Reply #377535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has majok gone to college?

Reply #377536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #377529 did you see the game? if so you might be able to answer that question

Reply #377540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All-star five
Pg Doyle
Sg spear/Thomas/ daly any of them
Sf ellinson
Pf Clark (brine only other I could think of)
C standbridge

Reply #377584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#377458 don't believe that was an issue last year for a team

Reply #377604 | Report this post

Fleagle  
Years ago

#440 re Stephan
Sorry you misunderstood, he is the most overlooked on this thread, was overlooked from the state team, and was overlooked by the previous sturt ABA coach, remember he was placed in div 2 which was very harsh I thought.
What i was trying to point out was, well....just read what I wrote again...... I was praising him as I agree, he is a good rebounder and defender as well as a scorer.

Why am I defending what I said when it was a compliment.

Twat

Reply #377756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fleagle.

Your opinion may be as you have stated. Obviously other people who have actually had to coach him feel otherwise.

And if he was currently overlooked as you stated. He wouldn't be playing Saturday. Nor Youth League.

Perhaps if he stopped his whining and instead ran back into defence we would get a chance to see if he could actually play defence.

I would think that if he spent as much time working on his rebounding as he did his youtube he might get some more respect.

Reply #377779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Fleagle his mum, his dad or his brother?

Reply #377783 | Report this post

Loosey Goosey  
Years ago

Or Girlfriend, Auntie or Grandparent?

Reply #377787 | Report this post

Hogwash 23  
Years ago

Neither i think because all of them can spell his name correctly at least.

Reply #377873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754