Anonymous
Years ago

36ers PreSeason games in China

Does anyone have more information on these matches in China, I will be there next week and just wondering what dates and where they will be playing?

I wouldn't mind seeing some basketball while im there.

Cheers

Topic #29185 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

More often than not, these exhibition games are out of the major cities (Beijing, Shanghai, etc). You might need to be quite lucky or travel some distance to see a game. I get the impression that they're often set up for corporate interests and local business than anything else. Last one I went to was in Beilun (had never heard of it), an SEZ with zero profile other than for trade. Regardless, they had a packed-out 3-5k seat stadium!

Only mention I can find online says Shenzhen so hopefully you're in HK or Guangzhou, or can justify the flight down.

Reply #377563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When do the 36ers play their first game?

I know the three teams they're playing against are Brian Goorjian's DongGuan Leopards, OKK Belgrade from Serbia and Elkhart Express based in Indiana from the IBL a US minor league.

Reply #377565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's weird supposedly Elkhart Express folded like 2-3 years ago. OKK Beograd/Belgrade's roster doesn't have any known guys and Goorjian's Dongguan have a couple of chinese twin towers, a 7'3" guy and a 7'2" guy.

Reply #377571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hi Isaac

I'm going to be in Guangzhou from the 2nd - 11th so going to Shenzhen shouldn't be too hard.

Reply #377591 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perfect. You should contact the club and see if they can give you game dates and times and maybe even point you in the right direction towards organising a ticket. The team might have enough to organise themselves and not keen for distractions, but there might be a local promoter over there who can help.

I was in China for an Australian game once and Gaze was fine with me staying with the team, travelling to/from the game, sitting behind the bench (get to see Gaze fire up!), joining them for meals, etc. Good experience.

Reply #377610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754