Coach: Malcolm Penno
Assistant Coach: Wes Knights
Assistant Coach: Mark Billington
Assistant Coach: Johnathon Whittaker

Interested to hear peoples thoughts???

Topic #29196 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously last years poor results count for nothing...Coaching jobs for Mr Bald's mates! Any coach that poses a threat to Mr Bald is quickly shown the door at SA Country Town...

Reply #377716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really, can you name 1 coach that has been shown the door that has had decent results?

Reply #377723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After this years results at Nationals 18's and 16;s you would think some changes would be made. Looks like these results are satisfactory. Thanks parents for all of your money. It has been well spent. Oops I missed a change, Patto's back.???

Reply #377724 | Report this post

bball mum  
Years ago

Congratulations all. Great list of names, would be happy for my child to be coached by any of these + Trevor Semmons, Trudy Ireland, Matho.

Reply #377727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ LOL LOL

Reply #377731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They seem to be a bit light on for assistants.

Seriously, that is a very very ordinary list of names. Most would not even get a Div 1 spot at most clubs, let alone get a look in at State.

Reply #377734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We played the Yorke Valley U16 girls at country champs and I was very impressed with the way they played and they dominated the grand final. Checked out who was their coach and wondered why she did not at least coach in Albury last year. After checking the coaches above I cannot see her name again. Can someone from Yorke Valley post some information please.

Reply #377743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone should ask Semmens, Matho & Ireland why they aren't involved in SA Country Basketball anymore? They all have very similiar reasons I'm told...

Reply #377745 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

And those reasons are.....?

Reply #377746 | Report this post

They didn't apply?
They didn't get the job after applying?
They weren't be best applicant for the position?

Reply #377747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If all three did not apply why?
If all three didn't get the job after applying why?
If all three weren't the best applicant for the position - we all now this question is a joke after seeing the names at the top.

Reply #377750 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

The 'big three' did not apply for coaching positions which is a huge loss to SA country kids- their reasons ? I can't speak for them but it would seem they are disillusioned with the 'leadership' at SA country.

Reply #377759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didnt get the jobs they wanted is my guess. Things arent great with sac's rep atm, but give it time. It wil get better fast

Reply #377769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didnt get the jobs they wanted is my guess. Things arent great with sac's rep atm, but give it time. It wil get better fast

Reply #377770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA country is a joke

Reply #377771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't assume it will get better fast, the same problem of JB has been there for years now and the council don't have the balls to do anything about it. We have been out of SAC for a number of years now and the problems being experienced now is just like deja vu. It won't change til jb is gone.

Reply #377774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "Big Three" now thats funny, you guys need to stop getting on here and writing about yourselves. If this is the only complaints after this years appointments SAC are doing well. Remember you represent 0.00000001%

If any of you had half a clue about basketball you would soon realise the Girls program is doing fine. They consistently make the top 10 and have even won a couple of medals. If there is an area of concern its the boys program. The U18 and U16 results this year were disgusting, and some people should accountable for it. Not just players blamed.

The previous year was the same as well.

The standard of boys coaching is the problem in SAC

Reply #377777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I been around SAC for many years and I can tell you the girls program is not doing fine. Many of us parents are not happy but there are no other options available. If you want to lodge a complaint you lodge it with the person that IS the problem. Thought James Rattus was going to sort out the problem but he like some quality coaches has left.

Reply #377813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like this topic is a great way for 'parents' to voice their opinion without having the guts to put their name to the post!! Their kids must have not have made a state team one year maybe!

Reply #377817 | Report this post

Thomas  
Years ago

Seems that if you give your time you get crucified.
step up or shut up - so over knockers who ARE just NEGATIVE

CYBER NOALLS WITH NOBALLS

Reply #377826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big 3 in size only and ego perhaps

Reply #377852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both men are excellent coaches, had experience as a parent with both. I know everyone doesn't feel that way but we do and I can only speak for my child.

Reply #377855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a troll of a comment - making reference to their size & apparently their ego's. Both Trev & Matho have coached for many years at District & State Level & have made a good contribution with their coaching efforts. My daughter had been coached by both of them & she really enjoyed their coaching expertise & their weird sense of humour.

Reply #377876 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more anon 876 , great coaches , great people, devoted to the sport and basketball needs them back coaching !

Reply #377898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well interesting comments from some. Yes I agree there are some big names with lots of experience missing from the coaches selected. Namely the big three, Trevor, Matho and Trudy all three took the 16 girls to a Silver medal in Ulverstone, and just one of them let alone 3 would have more experience than most selected. BUT yes all three have had enough of the polotics and bullshit, so they have called it quits.

Reply #377966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of them applied

Reply #377967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not only did 3 of the most experienced Coaches quit, but so did one of the most experienced National Managers ALL have had enough of the carry ons.

Reply #377969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many teams will SAC take to AJCBC in 2013? Will they take 2 or 3 in 18s????

I know vic counry & nsw country will take 3 teams...

Reply #378417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe SAC are also taking 3 teams in the 18's

Reply #378469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With no changes, there will be no growth

If the person can't change, change the person?

It is sad to see a State program run by individuals agendas

There needs to be an overhaul for the growth of the program, coaches and athletes

Various programs state wide, loacal, association, district metro and country need to form some liking interests for the betterment of basketball in the state as well as the coaches and players.

Right now Playing for SAC is insignificant, and in some cases detramental to the Athlets progress and Growth.

Reply #395751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said 395751 "If the person can't change then change the person." Totally agree UNTIL they get rid of the problem, nothing is going to change, it is just going to go from bad to worse. I think JB has got 9 lives or maybe more ???

Reply #401517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how were these appointments bad?

Reply #410755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what are the thoughts post nationals??? did the teams achieve results? Were the coaches of a high enough standard?

Reply #417289 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Same old problem,only coaches that agree with JB and support him are picked, so the results at this years U18 nationals were pathetic.So all you need to do to see how well the team went this year is look at the results. 2 wins and 6 losses, a very poor result in anybody's language, so work it out for yourself if you think the two SAC coaches this year were any good!!

Reply #418026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is players and coaches have walked away from the program now, at all levels. SAC have returned to the laughing of Basketball Australia.

And sadly no matter what the member associations think nothing is done about it.

Reply #418034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's the issue with jb?

Reply #418320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be easier to go back over old threads to see the problem with Jason bald. It hasn't changed for years, very unprofessional and the board don't have the balls to get rid of him, but it's beyond me as to why. It's just a job for him, no passion for the game or care for the kids.

Reply #418321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok fair enough.

so no passion or care... how do you judge that?

what are his coaching credentials? if any.

if hes not the right person who is? (remembering price range)

do people write to the board? or just complain?.

Reply #418355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754