Years ago

junior finals results here

div 1-10 lets not wait for sportingpulse posters

Topic #29204 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

U16 girls:
Forestville def Sturt in the elimination game.
North def West to advance straight to the GF.

Reply #377875 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Were West the favourites?

Reply #377877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask them they were! Talking it up on hoops again for nothing. Silly kids!

Reply #377879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or should I say parents!

Reply #377880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North were bronze medallists at the classics and undefeated in winter so I can see how west might think they were favourites!!!!!

Reply #377882 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

16 boys norwood over forest,sturt over north.

Reply #377883 | Report this post

u16g D2 -

forestville over mavs
sturt over forestville B

u16b D2 -

sturt over norwood
sturt over fville

Reply #377884 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

14 b div2 Norwood def South in 3v4 / foresttville def sturt 1v2

Reply #377885 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

14 boys div 1 Norwood over Eastern and Centrals over Sturt (central in GF)

Reply #377886 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

When was the last time Centrals had a team in a Div 1 final?

Reply #377887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm.. West seemed like favourites the way they were talking..

Reply #377890 | Report this post

SA  
Years ago

I think you'll find those idle boasts were a plant.

Another anon troll taking the opportunity to cause shit.

over it.

Reply #377891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No surprises Sturt got a clean sweep all bar one I think in the finals games they played at Pasadena, they even got their regular umpires for most games and a couple of ump/refs from other stadiums appeared to run the neutral games.

Reply #377892 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

Centrals u14 girls div 1 into gf with a 5 pt over forrestville , great job by the 'country' girls !!

Reply #377893 | Report this post

so centrals in u14 B and G final ?

Reply #377895 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

No great surprise with centrals boys finishing top of minor round but girls scraped into 2nd spot and knocked of the unbeaten forrestville in a tough game to both go through to gf

Reply #377896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 12 west div 1 girls beat Forestville to head into GF, eagles first loss all year and prob in at least 18 months

Reply #377900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs were crap at Pasadena last night

Reply #377906 | Report this post

Nix 72  
Years ago

Suprise, suprise.

Southern act like a bunch of thugs, get totally outplayed (without Sturt playing their 2 main players) and its the refs fault.

If you would stop trying to hurt people when they didnt have the ball, and actually worry about playing basketball, you might have done better.

PS Im not sure your supersatr is even better than a bottom age kid.

Reply #377907 | Report this post

W T F  
Years ago

Nix 72

Fairly brash statement on 2 accounts

1)Someone whinges about the refs at Pas and you automatically attack Southern, did Southern fill the stadium with finals teams last night? there were alot of other clubs there and i'm prettysure i know what game you are talking about as i watched it and to be honest i thought the umpiring was fairly good a couple of missed things that may have let the game start to slip out of control, but also funny when Southern give back a little of what some of your players dish out and all of a sudden they are thugs!!!

2) to be critical of a 17 year old boy who has achieved a reasonable amount in his career is very disgusting, especially when he is very humble, doesn't strut around and pretend he is good like alot of others i have seen like quite a few in your team.
You make comments like that and don't know all the facts behind the scenes, maybe he is of strong character unlike some others and where others may have not played, his strength, integrity and determination has seen him take the court without whinging or showing anything, to give it his all and support his team mates and play for his club and his love of the game

So on closing yes he didn't have a great game, it happens, but if you are a parent of that team who won last night you should take a good hard look at yourself, to be making comments like that on a forum like this goes to show if the old stereotype casting and stigmas that are attached to clubs on here are true means just because you have money and a better education doesn't make you a better person!!!!!

From an uneducated, poor Southern Thug

Reply #377909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the southern lad in question has a very bad ankle.

Reply #377910 | Report this post

Nix 72  
Years ago

W T F

Consdiering every game in question that this team loses we see them get on here and moan about the ref's. Im pretty confident it was them considering the way they acted in the game. Didnt see Sturt getting unsportsman like fouls. So no it wasnt giving back the same as they were getting. Didnt see Sturt getting a Tech either. But I guess to think that behaviour is fine.

Might want to go back and check the number of times a Southern member has bashed a Sturt kid here before point the finger champ. Eye for an Eye.

I wasn't having a go at the kid, but at the person who came on here previously and said the exact opposite.

Oh and yes you probably are.

Reply #377912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Corey was coach for West ,North would have still been favorites for this game but a little less.2good players would not have left mid year & victory would have been more achievable,now all is lost!

Reply #377916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NIX 72 its all good and well to sit on your high chair, look at the facts those two Refs? failed to change ends properly, all calls went your way at one point it was 7-1 fouls in favour of Sturt and you say its because southern played like thugs? what a crock I saw more elbows and moving screens from your players, I'm a Northy so I don't give a rats but that was pretty average umpiring, those two umpires should have been on the girls game and the other Refs on the Boys..

By the way the two Umpires are both regular Pasadena (Sturt) umpires. Look at your Mullet boy who hit the 3's and tell me he doesn't like a good king hit? The Sthrn coach asked to be teched, reason to see if the little blonde boys whistle worked cause it seemed a bit broken apparently.

I watched the game and I saw Sturt play strong and mullet boy put away some great 3's to seal the deal, fact is the game only got out of hand because of the umpiring, a team can't make up a deficit when they don't get the calls they and the other team does.

Reply #377917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So girls deserve shit refs bcos they are inferior? Great to see sexism still alive and kicking douche bag!

Reply #377918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not sexism understand that the more experienced Ref's should be used in a game that questionably could have ended up in a brawl, the Sturt players were jumping off the bench and goating Sthrn players mid to late 3rd period and at the final break looked like they were ready for a fight.
The umpires were not in control, and the taller umpire spent a lot of time gaining instruction from the Sturt coach on the sidelines.

Sturt want to earbash Sthrn as thugs your players actions off the bench were below par.

Reply #377920 | Report this post

Nix 72  
Years ago

Difference between playing hard and playing dirty.

Obviously the refs saw differently. Thats why they kept having to call all the unsportsman like fouls on one of the teams. The foul count as 7 - 1 because the Southern boys could not guard one of the Sturt boys dribble penetration. Or are you suggesting the foul count should be 4 - 4 just to keep it fair even if one team is fouloing more than the other?

Ps They are not Sturt Refs, they are BSA refs. One of those guys has reported more Sturt Coaches than any other ref in SA.

Reply #377922 | Report this post

W T F  
Years ago

Nix

I don't come on here often enough to validate your comment about ref whinging { i have a life }

I'm sure there are numerous threads here that cover that topic and i'm sure they carry out their duties to the best of their capabilities !

No i didn't see sturt get any unsportsman like fouls, but as is true with this sort of penalty it is always the one who retaliates that gets caught ! {mmm food for thought}

Tech fouls well no you didn't get one of them either, but the behaviour that bought about this tech was by no way improper or bought the game into disrepute

As far as a Southern Member Bashing a sturt kid, well i have been around basketball a long time and have never seen it happen, if it ever has, i'm sure the appropriate people would have dealt with it ie refs, bsa etc {very ambiguous comment}

Also i have no faith in your confidence in regard to everytime they lose they get on here and moan about the refs, my understanding is until last night they have only lost one prior game, so not too many opportunities to moan

To your final comment / snide remark yes i am and it doesn't bother me and you apparently do have a problem with meritouris people opposed to those who are born with a silver spoon in their mouths

Please point out this other comment where the person is having ago at the kid, i can only see your comment about a superstar?

Reply #377924 | Report this post

Sabre Slapper  
Years ago

There is a difference between playing hard and playing dirty and Sturt are the dirtiest

Reply #377925 | Report this post

W T F  
Years ago

Nix

You have made another interesting comment

That ref has reported more sturt coaches than any other ref in SA

Do sturt coaches regularly get reported?

Mmm who are the thugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #377926 | Report this post

Charon 40  
Years ago

W T F and Nix,

You two are pathetic, you are both fighting with each other over a very entertaining game of basketball.

Regardless of the refereeing, and yes i was there, but no i will comment on the refs, If southern could have guarded #15 it would have been closer, unfortunately Sam Johns did have an off game however #55 (i think) for southern did a great job of keeping them in it. At the end of the day it was Sturt's shooters that got them the win.

As for Sturt boasting and getting off the bench, that is what every single team does in every single game, if someone makes a good play you support them, it is very unfair to say that that is boasting and bad sportsmanship, when #55 from southern got that MASSIVE dunk, i dont remember the southern bench just sitting down and applauding, no, they got up and supported their team, just like they should.

The unsportsmanlike foul at the end was very warranted, the kid acted dumb in the heat of a losing battle and got penalized for it. However that was the only real incident of the game besides the later Tech, their was a big of niggle throughout the game by BOTH teams, however that made it for a great game.

Hopefully Southern can beat Forestville this coming week so that we can again see this match up.

Reply #377928 | Report this post

Nix 72  
Years ago

Didnt say it was warrented and they haven't been suspended. Matter of fact the charges have been thrown out. But shows that the ref can hardly be considered biased.

If you are trying to say that Southern were the relatiators, then you are a joke. They were clearly a rabble and were out of control.

But like tou posts suggest. You all see that as acceptabe.

Reply #377929 | Report this post

Baseline shooter  
Years ago

Can anyone pls tell me the result for u12 girls div 1 Eastern vs Sturt? Thanks

Reply #377931 | Report this post

W T F  
Years ago

Nix

I'll admit i am a joke as i don't really care, its just good to wind people like yourself up!!!!

By the way that first year player is good and does have a good dribble penetration, but when the kid who got the unsportsman like foul went on him with some good honest D and restricted him a bit, he didn't like it and replied with several sneaky rabbit punches while running down the court while out of umpires eyes

And yes a very entertaining game :)

Regards Pathetic Pleb

Reply #377934 | Report this post

Nix 72  
Years ago

lol.

Yeah the kid how got an unsportsmanlike foul was playing good D. lol. Isnt that an oxymoron?

Reply #377935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the result for the U/16 1 girls North vs West?

Reply #377936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nix the only moron on here is you, bet you wouldn't have a go face to face at any of these kids, hide behind your keyboard you hero

Reply #377938 | Report this post

Nix 72  
Years ago

An oxymoron is two statements that are put together which are opposites.

Like;

Fresh frozen
Friendly fire

the same as suggesting someone who got an unsportsmanlike foul is playing good defence.

Reply #377941 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks for the grammar lesson Nix. Of course, oxymorons are not to be confused with tautologies (different words meaning the same thing):

Like:

Sturt arrogance
Southern class

Now if you girls are done with the bitch'n can we please get back on topic.

Any other results from last night?

Reply #377946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Class LOL ....

Reply #377947 | Report this post

Nix 72  
Years ago

Wht want to check who come on here first bitching about who :)

Reply #377949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nix your grammar and spelling indicate a semi educated fellow with Nix to Nil real debating skills, you seem to read and not register. No one stated the Refs won Sturt the game.

Sturt got a great head start and that's where the game was won however the Reffing of the game was sub standard imo and there was action at the Sturt end of the court that could have been called as unsportsman like, which wasn't, there was clearly one way traffic on calls which caused the game to boil over.
The Sturt players getting up and cheering great play is no problem, but you fail to mention when they started walking towards the Tigers huddle wanting to take it on, when the kid with the bad hairdo smashing 3's wanted to Thug hit the Tigers player for a smart foul?

You call Southern rabble I bet if the table was turned the Sabre would be frothing rabid.

Reply #377952 | Report this post

pug47  
Years ago

Interested that the referees were asked by the umpires' boss to leave the court immediately after the game and not stay to sign the score sheet at the bench.

That small ref (not sure of his name sorry) is really bad. I've seen him referee about four or five times now, and every time one of the teams, and sometimes both, are really annoyed by his umpiring.

Surely there are better referees around to do finals?

Reply #377953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won ABA women's ref of the year obviously drawn out a hat

Reply #377963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U18 B Div4 finals Sturt d Norwood and Centrals appeared to have won by until after the siren a Sth player was called back to shoot 3 FT's for a foul on the buzzer beater that missed, he nailed all 3 and Sth won by a point (ouch) but Centrals boys didn't deserve to be there anyway.

Boys
U16 Div 1 Eagles d Norwood and Sturt d Rockets
U18 div 1 Eagles d Norwood and Sturt d Tigers

Girls
U16 Div 1 Rockets d Bearcats I think Eagles d Sturt
U18 Div 1 Tigers d Sturt unsure Mavs Eagles game

Reply #377964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U/12 Eastern Mavericks Girls won quite easily over Sturt Friday night

Reply #377985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually u 16 div 1 boys one of your results is wrong. Norwood beat eagles.

Reply #377991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Yeah I realised that after I wasn't sure after partially watching 14 games things got a little confused, long night. Was interesting to see some favorites (imo) lose by sizable margins I guess that's finals pressure?

Reply #377998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754