anon
Years ago

Best Shoe Store in Adelaide?

I'm from regional SA and will be in Adelaide later this week, I would appreciate opinions on the best place in Adelaide to get basketball shoes.

I have been looking on eastbay but am unsure of taking that path due to sizing concerns.

I look forward to any responses.

Topic #29224 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Betts.

But seriously, Eastbay is half the price, if you can try some on at foot locker for size and then check if Eastbay have them.

Reply #378187 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last time I checked Eastbay, they had notes indicating how true sizing was to regular sizes/width/etc.

Reply #378192 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Footlocker in Rundle Mall if you want to try before you buy or try and buy online later.

Eastbay still the best pricing and delivery wise. They also have a good sizing chart description.

I ordered some gear from Eastbay Thursday night last week and received it yesterday morning. Super fast shipping. Recommended!

Reply #378194 | Report this post

Dennis  
Years ago

Recommend Footlocker in Rundle Mall, a good range of Adidas "Crazylights", Nike etc.

Most sports shops hardly have anything these days.

Reply #378197 | Report this post

Pie Cart  
Years ago

i buy from eastbay ,very good and better prices than the local shops and shipping takes only 5 working days.

Reply #378198 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Foot Locker Rundle Mall also have an awesome collection of Under Armour gear.

Reply #378201 | Report this post

JA47  
Years ago

I made an order from Eastbay at 900pm on Friday night, less then 24 hours later they landed in Sydney. Arrived at my door at 650am today.

LunarGlide4 for half the $200+ AUD it will be in Australia, in a colour that will probably never be released here.

Plus 6 pairs of Nike DriFit socks for $20

Reply #378202 | Report this post

anonymouse  
Years ago

Wow. The power of advertising should never be underestimated. Go Eastbay! You're ad on this site hasn't been around for long but already you're being mentioned in independent posts.

They are independent posts aren't they?

Reply #378206 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

JA47

My order from the Thursday night was also Down Under within 24 hours. Bloody damn good service. I love it.

Reply #378220 | Report this post

ben  
Years ago

Foot Locker City.

Speaking of Eastbay, I placed my first order last Thursday night for approx $300 worth, they put my order on hold pending payment verification, which i only just found out because i contacted them yesterday asking for tracking. Eastbay are good prices, but there making me wait at the minute, and the fact that they didn't email me was annoying. If i have to place my order again i will be devd.

Reply #378229 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Do they still have a ban on shipping some shoes to Australia? Stopped buying from them once they did that.

Reply #378233 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Eastbay has some exclusions, but still the best way to buy especially big size basketball shoes for sure!

Reply #378248 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Yep, Eastbay still restrict sales of Nike, Asics and Brooks to oz.

Last I heard was the ACCC was looking into it given there is very little retail comp on prices for new release shoes from these coys in Oz and the prices they charge here are more than double than the US in some cases..

Reply #378251 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Here's the link to the review mentioned above:
http://www.freehills.com/8131.aspx

Reply #378252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks guys very much appreciated.
I was going to go with a pair of the Jordan Superfly in gray and black, shoes for the kids and clothing now just got to convince the misses

Reply #378306 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The restrictions are placed by the brands, not eastbay...

Eastbay/Footlocker (exactly same) is best to buy from though, or eBay... However Kickz 101 in Melbourne is also a smart bet if buyin online and want to keep money in the basketball community and Australia. Won't be much longer by looks of it until Footlocker Australia closes its doors completely, or scales down dramatically...

Reply #378398 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eastbay is a subsidiary of Footlocker Inc. whose Australian stores just happen to be the largest bricks and mortar retailers of basketball shoes in Australia.

I don't think it takes much reading between the lines to work out why Eastbay (and their suppliers) restricts online sales of the top selling basketball and athletic shoes to Australia.

Either way Australians get screwed on price and it stinks.

Reply #378404 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Ugghhhh... Once again it's the brands restricting. It's due to the fact footlocker is struggling here. Nike and other brands have brought some prices down to help, and restricted the shipping on limited models that are basically stock standard out here (air force ones, etc). Footlocker here was about 6 months from shutting down at one point... Footlocker USA wouldn't care less about the Australian stores

Reply #378470 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:04 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754