Gk
Years ago

NBL Season Memberships by team?

Just seen the Perth Wildcats have passed the 5000 member mark. Is that the highest in the NBL? If so why isn't other clubs promoting as much as they do? Any one no how much members the other clubs have?

Topic #29261 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year roughly

Perth 3500, Adelaide 2600, NZ 1800, Sydney 1800, Wollongong 1500, Melbourne 800.

Reply #378559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth is WAY ahead. The front office staff at every other club (although the Breakers do a good job) are just useless.

Reply #378573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

apparently townsville & cairns didn't have any members???

Reply #378597 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

Anonymous #559 source please.

Anonymous #673 you'll find the return to a better location has helped numbers a lot. Their front office staff is okay but like any other in the league have majorly botched up simple things including a number of long-time members' seats through sheer incompetence.

Reply #378599 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

Anonymous #597 and Gold Coast.

Reply #378600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We all know GC don't have any fans left

Reply #378609 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Anonlicious

Perth have had staff at alot of SBL games, Uni O Days etc. I have seen full sized billboards in the city/northbridge and poster size in the train station.

They are trying harder than I have ever witnessed. They hardly even advertised the last few seasons since they did not have to so it is nice to see they know what to do when they need to do it.

Sure the new location will help the situation but the move was also necessary as they couldnt sell more memberships last year if they wanted to. Memberships were sold out last year to save some seats for non members.

Not sure who's seats have been botched but everyone I have talked to were allocated seats practically identical to their Challenge stadium seats.

The #project10k has nice incentives and is a good initiative and although it will probably fall short I think they have done well so far. No other club is recruiting as hard as the Wildcats front of office.

/end rant

Reply #378616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm, I havent seen any reports for Townsville and Cairns. Do you want me to make them up?

Reply #378620 | Report this post

Brains  
Years ago

"No other club is recruiting as hard as the Wildcats front of office."

I'm jealous that you get to travel to every city that has an NBL team to see the work they're doing to recruit members.....

Oh wait, just another know it all...

Reply #378640 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

No, you're right, more members than all other clubs combined means they probably aren't the hardest working front office staff....

Reply #378645 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

The Wildcats have to work harder than the other teams because they have a larger arena to fill, hence more marketing is needed. Plus the upgrade from a 4500 seat Challenge stadium to a 13,000 Arena is a huge increase over one season rather than gradually increasing capacity over a few seasons.

Reply #378655 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

What wildcats are doing is huge for Basketball in Australia. we now have atleast 1 stadium that can fill it up like the glory days and you can guarantee on play off nights it will sell out.

Reply #378723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide, Perth and NZ will be producing some glory days crowds this year. Sydney and Melbourne could if they were any good.

Reply #378725 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

alexkrad: They made some serious errors with seating a few seasons ago at Challenge. I wasn't referring to the Arena.

Reply #378733 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"No other club is recruiting as hard as the Wildcats front of office."

Not sure if trolling, or a Wildcats fan...

Reply #378791 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

Playmaker Mo - an enthusiastic Wildcats fan.

Reply #378851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats may have 5,000 now but last season had 3,500 (capped amount of members at Challenge) plus around a thousand on a waiting list so really the net gain in 2012/13 so far has only gone up by five hundred at most. Not really that good.

Reply #378952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Outstanding effort with a month until the season. A huge tick for the Wildcats.

Reply #378964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice job of totally ignoring my post. To be fair the first Wildcats home game is about six to seven weeks into the season so they have nearly three months still to go. As for now, only +500.

Reply #378966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many is it ahead of this time last year? Or 2-3 months before the first game last year? Once again, a very big tick for the Wildcats.

Reply #378971 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Where did you hear that they had 1000 on a waiting list? First I've heard of that and I bought membership last year for the first time without being told anything similar. Did you just make that up?

Any way you look at it, an improvement of 1500 from one year to the next is impressive.

Reply #378973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the break even crowd the Wildcats need to make the Arena profitable?

Reply #379006 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thats the big concern. Its entirely possible it wont be profitable in a couple of years, when the excitement wears off a bit, or they have a bad year or certain people move on. Not sure what the back up plan is then.

Reply #379027 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754