Swanny
Years ago

Muggsy Bogues Talk Night Melbourne Only!!

Count Me In!!!!!!!!!!!

Direct from Charlotte USA "Muggsy" Bogues is set to inspire and wow Melbourne in his only Australian show. "Muggsy" sits down with Australian Basketball Legend Steve Carfino to discuss in depth the highs and lows of his amazing 14 year NBA career. This is the first time "Muggsy" has spoken in depth about his life and the struggles he faced against all odds of making it to the big league. During the 90's "Muggsy" was one of sports most recognizable stars around the world. He is still to this day the shortest professional Basketballer of all-time standing only 5'3"

This is one event NOT TO BE MISSED!

Ticketmaster Pre-Sale 7th September (tomorrow) 9am
Code Word: MUGGSY

Topic #29263 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Seems pretty strange IMO. Flying all this way for one show. Tickets are $59 each so you would hope he'd some good material and stories.

If he came to Adelaide I would proberly go as he is a legend

Reply #378604 | Report this post

JC  
Years ago

You would almost consider going if it wasn't for the fact that you would have to listen to Steve Carfino bumble his way through trying to ask questions that make any sense?

Imagine Carfino blurting out something resembling a question (when it's usually a statement) and Muggsy replying with..."everyone in the room is now dumber for hearing this...I award you no points....

Carfino must have written the press ad... "Australian Basketball Legend"???

That's one word that is chronically overused.

Reply #378605 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Mate I am Pumped!! I am there for sure
We never get a chance to meet an NBA player,
Name the last time anyone came to Melbourne and if you honestly think $59 is to much somone needs to wake up from 1990!!!!!

Muggsy is a Legend

Reply #378607 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I would go if he was in Adelaide

Reply #378608 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Great reason to be happy we live in Melbourne
Cold one day
Everything Sport the next

Reply #378610 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

SWEET

Reply #378612 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I am flying into Melbourne that morning..

Driving out to Port Fairy straight from the airport though.. I have already organised this trip to see family to coincide with a Wildcats @ Melbourne game so I dont think the mrs will be too happy if I try to get this in aswell.

Reply #378617 | Report this post

Tmk  
Years ago

Anyone who's played basketball can't fathom a 5'3" guard making a huge impact on any game. The fact he played in the 14 seasons as a starter in the best league in the worl makes it more ridiculous. Add to that the guy couldn't make a jumpshot to save his life but managed to avg 11ppg in a single season.

Next time you come Up against something where the odds are stacked against you, think about the odds of mugsy achieving all of the above.

Reply #378618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Four posts in this thread from ths same IP. Last time this was posted, the person did the same thing. Lame promoter - give it up, please.

Reply #378628 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Ease up Issac - at least people hear about it!!

I no the company promoting and this isn't them at all

When was the last time you got a NBA player to come to our country???

The only lame thing is a so called basketball fan bagging this event

Reply #378641 | Report this post

Jim Bert  
Years ago

^^^ Lol does that make 5 posts?

Reply #378643 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When did I bag the event? I called out someone for this:

Posting a topic.
Changing names to post something in support.
Coming back and posting another new topic.
Changing names to post again in support.

How is that fair? Post once and let it stand for itself.

Reply #378653 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

If you are the promoter of have links surely you could have organised a couple more shows interstate given how long it takes him to get out hear to make it more worth his while

Reply #378701 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I understand that the person arranging this tour has taken on enough financial pressure just making it happen in Melbourne, let alone taking it to other cities.

Reply #378717 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

"Seems pretty strange IMO. Flying all this way for one show. Tickets are $59 each so you would hope he'd some good material and stories."

Agreed jake, at that's why I originally asked "Is he broke?" which was deleted. Poor moderating again.

Reply #378728 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

Bogut is in Melbourne mostof the off-season? I believe Wade was here recently too

Reply #378747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll always remember that photo in the Guinness Book of Records of Muggsy & Manute Bol when they were teammates at the then Washington Bullets and were then the shortest & tallest players in NBA history.

Muggsy is still the shortest ever (Earl Boykins next at 5'5") but the late Manute Bol was usurped by Gheorghe Muresan (7'7" and fractionally taller than Bol).

Reply #378750 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

"Carfino must have written the press ad... "Australian Basketball Legend"???"

In the Melbourne Herald Sun this morning (Saturday) an article about Muggsy's visit claimed that it was being hosted by NBA Hall of Famer Steve Carfino...

Pretty good seeing as though he never played one game in the NBA.

Reply #378832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL good old Steve Carfino still doing his thing. What does he do for work now since he got canned from NBL commentary?

Reply #378926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carfino is assistant GM (or whatever the position is called) to Sydney Kings CEO Ian Robilliard I believe.

Not sure if that means he won't be back on Ten/One this season though.

Reply #378930 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

I believe that Steve is still calling some games this year. He is doing Queensland games with JVG and also doing Kings and Hawks games.

He is not doing Tigers or 36ers games which will now be hosted by Rob Waters.

Perth games as they were.

Reply #378939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had my wires crossed as he lost his job at the Kings and will still be doing TV work. Thanks Michael.

Actually come to think of it Carfino isn't that bad compared to callers like Tony Ronaldson for Wildcats games. Guy can barely string a sentence together.

Hopefully Rob Waters is decent.

Reply #378945 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754