AK-47
Years ago

Scott Pendlebury Article

Found a short, interesting article on Scott Pendlebury on the AFL website this morning. Again, highlights just how good he was as a basketballer and talks about how he ended up in the eyes of AFL scouts. Had a scholarship to the AIS and had goals set out for a basketball career where college hoops seemed likely. I tried looking up some of his basketball highlights on youtube but couldn't find anything. Any see him play before? Could he have been a potential Boomer down the track?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146904/default.aspx

Topic #29298 | Report this topic

Sixerfan  
Years ago

Scott was a very very good basketball player, on-track to play for Australia for a long time. Played the game with a high IQ and strong skill set. Always seemed to have more time than everyone else much like he does in footy.

Reply #379056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw him play in Sydney at the hills stadium as a part of the youth olympics.

Ogilvy and Mills were in the team but scott was the absolute standout, mills was coming off the bench, at the time it was scott's team and I concur with all Sixerfan has written...

Reply #379061 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Must have gotten some bad career advise.
If he was that good he could be making more money in Europe or even NBA and for longer then his AFL career will last (32-33yr)

Reply #379069 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might've played the odds? More chances in AFL as a fallback?

Reply #379086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the article I gathered he just enjoyed footy more?

In the small community that is bball in Aus, lots of pressure on a young kid with an AIS scholarship, youth olympics team, regular state rep etc.

Played footy to have some fun with his mates and the rest is, as they say, history!

Great player.

Reply #379088 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Nice problem to have.....all Australian in Footy or Boomer in Basketball

Reply #379095 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754