Isaac
Years ago

36ers in China: CBA team bails, so Elkhart step up

"@boti_nagy: 36ers bt Elkhart 88-76 tonight in China aft CBA team bailed on game. Gibbo 21, Schensch 20, DJ 15."

Topic #29309 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

CBA team bailing on game? What's that about? Happy to give the invite but not to get shown up by a better team from a better league?

Reply #379315 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

CBA is the most unprofessional basketball league in the world!

Reply #379316 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Anything to do with the CBA is dangerous that league is as stable as a 3 leg chair. I'm sure Patty Mills would tell you the same thing

Reply #379318 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Great to see Schensch and DJ consistently in the top scorers.

Reply #379321 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I'm with you Skip.....good to see that tandem appears to be gelling well and we can only assume that the 2 have good chemistry and/or complimentary games in the paint.

Reply #379326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CBA = Can't Be Assed?

Reply #379328 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

That is ridiculously unprofessional of the CBA team. obviously for all the NBA influence, the Chinese league doesnt know how to be a commendable league still! im surprised theyve lured NBA players there ive seen there games they arent even up to SEABL level...

Reply #379339 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How do they lure ex-NBA players? Lots of money. They pay for teams to come over and play in front of their crowds. The money going through Chinese basketball is pretty amazing.

Reply #379342 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Skip, Tornado that is a great sign and another reason is probably due to Gibson and Cadee helping to create for them. It looks like a good season ahead for us

Reply #379365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CBA teams can't handle the reality that they plan suck. Probably saw the Sixers low position on last season's ladder and invited them over.

Reply #379377 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

right now I am actually tryna up my education on the league by watching this years CBA final game. 80% of the acts on court that are any way notable are ones made by there imports.

Reply #379378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Due to the amount of money swimming around in China they are able to lure imports NBL teams could only dream of (Wilson Chandler, JR Smith, Aaron Brooks, Kenyon Martin etc) but overall the standard is below NBL standard.

Reply #379385 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

the chinese are role players in there own league it seems. watching them reminds me of the early 90's of the NBL... but I think its fair to say the differential between import and local in china is far greater! however... this very well may pay off for china over time and they may become a good league in 10-15 years

Reply #379396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's something hoops fans may enjoy.
An Australian select team chosen to tour china from
SEABL players etc, got in a big punch on.

- not uncommon to see a CBA side get into a brawl. Georgetown were also in one with a CBA side from memory (I think it's a CBA team, could be wrong)

Anyway this video includes nunawading star PG Shane McDonald getting chased out of the stadium. (watch closely) Then ballarats cam mcallum nearly knocks out a chinese player on yhe base line. Fairly funny

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KEULFh9E2TE

Reply #379406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754