Isaac
Years ago

How much will Perth miss Nevill?

Not many changes out West this season, bar the loss of Luke Nevill. Everard Bartlett comes in for Drew Williamson which is an upgrade on last year's form. Other than that, the points cap seems to have meant that Nevill is squeezed out and the Cats are relying on more output from the existing rotation and some backup minutes from Jeremiah Trueman.

Nevill was a 10 point and 5 rebound player last season but didn't play big, consistent minutes. Still, neither did Matt Knight or Jesse Wagstaff.

Will more minutes to Knight and Wagstaff cover for Nevill's absence, or might the increase wear Knight down?

Knight goes down for 2-3 games (not long enough to sign a replacement) - do you start Trueman? Play small-ball?

Topic #29316 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

Wheres Nevill playing next season, remember watching him getting little game time in Orlando summer league.

Reply #379400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that Wagstaff will step up even more this season. He really developed last season. Redhage is also back to full fitness and I am not sure Nevill is a huge loss.

Reply #379402 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Neville is a huge loss, and there is now a lot of pressure on Knight to stay healthy and play a major role this season for the Cats to be in the championship mix. Though I think that if Trueman can improve to around 5ppg and play a solid role off the bench, the wildcats should be fine.

Reply #379424 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Pending injuries I think they will be fine.

Redhage & Wagstaff will have a greater output this year covering for Nevills points and rebounds.

Alot of the teams have gone small so I dont think match ups will really be an issue.

Trueman with some court time should be able to contribute, he just needs confidence and experience, sure he wont directly cover the loss of Nevill but will still be of some use in the rotation.

Reply #379425 | Report this post

Gk  
Years ago

Honestly, Perth will be better without him, always held my breath when he had the ball. Same when big luke was there. Is Perth or Adelaide the only teams with 1 import?? I do wish that they got a big import!! They have done outstanding job the past two season with 1 import!! Perth will be there come seasons end, how they go in there 1st 5 away games will set up where they will finish!!

Reply #379431 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

IMO & from memory Perth seemed to struggle to contain Pledger in the Finals. Losing Nevill certainly wont help that and I dont think they will be as good this year as a result. Good teams with genuine bigs should be able to exploit the small ball method and I think it is handy to have the option there...limiting yourself to small ball is a gamble I reckon particularly this season.

Reply #379441 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

I think it was CJ Bruton and Wilkinson who sank Perth. Pledger was verygood and hurtus with his offensive rebounding though.

Reply #379507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754