natwhereyouat
Years ago

NBLWiki.com launched!

Well it's finally here.. NBL Wiki is online!

Check it out here www.NBLWiki.com

You can also like the Facebook page here

I have tried to keep the design as simple as possible so loading time is fast for users that are on crappy wireless accounts, or people that only use the internet via their phone.

Hope you enjoy it, and get lost for hours in it!

Topic #29330 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Good work!

Reply #379549 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Great work Nat, Id hate to think how many hours you spent collating and entering all this information, definately a great resource that Ill spend a bit of time playing with in the future

Reply #379550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome page natwhereyouat!
One question - is there a way to find current players under each team's link?
Thanks for all the hard work making this mate.

Reply #379554 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats,
Stadium Perth Stadium, Perth, Western Australia

*Perth Arena

haha.. sorry first thing I went to.

Also I have a heap of Wildcats newspaper articles from the mid nineties somewhere and a bunch of posters, probably not in the best condition, I will try to dig up and scan or take a photo if you are interested?

Very good otherwise, you must know more about NBL history after compiling all of that than anyone in the world?

Reply #379556 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Annon 379554

Not yet, they will be done this weekend, in the meantime AndTheFoul links to the wiki, if you go to our season fixture here http://andthefoul.net/201213-nbl-season-fixture and select any team, will have depth charts, the players on the depth charts will link to their Wiki pages.

And yep, fixed the Perth Arena this morning..
If you have anything, sure. Send me an email [email protected] anything old is welcome!

Reply #379557 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Love the site.

The Adelaide 36ers page included retired jerseys for:

#15 Al Green
#9 Ray Wood
#8 Peter Ali
#4 Darryl Pearce

I think those jerseys were at some stage informally retired, but were then unretired. Mahersy and the Chairman are the only currently retired jerseys.

Reply #379564 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I also have an almost complete set of NBL cards from 96 maybe 97 would have to look to confirm which year. I definitely have the complete set of the regular cards but not all of the special cards.

Probably wouldnt scan them all in but I can confirm which year and if you need any players photos from that era I could scan specific ones in for you?

Reply #379567 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yeah i notice they are the only ones hanging in the rafters these days.. I'm waiting for a official yes or no from 36ers management about it still

Reply #379568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is chris molitor on it?

Reply #379569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

couldnt find him

Reply #379571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO SOJ!!!!!!! Wy is he not on it?

Reply #379572 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Negative.. But he will be. There's still a bunch of players that only played a handful of games that still need to be added.

I thought i'd launch it now otherwise if i waited until i had EVERY single player it may be another 6 months before it see's the light of day

Reply #379573 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Darren Ng wore #8, pretty sure Cadee will be wearing #4 and Farley wore #9. So I think you can safely assume that they aren't retired.

Reply #379576 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

True skip!

Edited!

Reply #379577 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

Great work Nat

Reply #379580 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Does Maher really have more rebounds over his career then Davis?

Reply #379582 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

KingJames - Thinking that must be an error.

NBL Media guide says
5200 Rebounds MARK DAVIS (482 games)
2313 Rebounds BRETT MAHER (526 games)

Reply #379583 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

re retired 36er numbers

Numbers that have been retired, had a ceremony and a singlet sent to the rafters are

Ray Wood
Peter Ali
Scott Ninnis
Al Green
Mark Davis
Brett Maher
Mike Mckay

Remember the old rule that every one had to be numbered between 4-45 ( also add 00)

With these numbers taken out of the pool 4,8, 9,10,15 someone decided that other players could still wear the numbers ( Ninnis wore #6 and #9 as a 36er) Davis and Maher would retire after the numbers started being used again and no one has since worn #33 or #5.

When BASA folded someone decided that the singlets and banners were not appropriate to be hung in the rafters and they were taken down and stored.

I am of the thought that if the numbers were retired then they should be honored.

There is some contention though as some players were more decorated as Bearcats than as 36ers ie Wood's number was retired only 3 or so years after the 36ers were born.

If the 36ers honour the merger and adopt all the bearcat history into the 36ers then all the numbers should be retired.

if they dont then i think the only ones that should be up there are the elite level Green,Pearce,Davis and Maher.

The others should be honored but not retired.

Reply #379591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Three Pointers Made 2835 Brett Maher
Three Pointers Attempted 1,162Brett Maher

This doesnt seem right either? I no Brett was a terrific shooter but..

Love your work though, just read through the Razorbacks history, turbulent to say the least!

Reply #379592 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Fixed.. Nice pick up!

Reply #379613 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One question - is there a way to find current players under each team's link?
Current players in bold followed by a list of past players would be perfect down the track.

Reply #379619 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Cheers Skip. I thought Maher was a good rebounder for a guard but wouldn't have thought he surpassed the chairman of the boards.

Reply #379810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754