Seb007
Years ago

Farley - any news?

I heard a few days ago that Farley had until today to make up his mind with the SIXERS. Has he agreed to sign or are the SIXERS looking elswhere.

Cheers!!!

Seb007

Topic #2934 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he's got this week to decide. I thought he had until last Friday, but maybe it's this Friday.

Reply #33316 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

I thought the time line was till the 14th this saturday

Hope he does as it looks like the sixer banked all there chips on him whilst letting people who wanted to return go to other clubs (ala MEE)

lets hope farley is back :D

Reply #33317 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

I thought the time line was till the 14th this saturday

Hope he does as it looks like the sixer banked all there chips on him whilst letting people who wanted to return go to other clubs (ala MEE)

lets hope farley is back :D

Reply #33318 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

I've previously heard that Mee never wanted to come back to Adelaide post the loss in the finals to Woolongong. Yet, there seems to be a lot of posters saying that he wanted to come back this time. Can anyone confirm that Mee definitely came out and said he wanted to play for Adelaide in 05/06?

Reply #33329 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

on talking hoops for starters he said he had desire to play for the 6ers again he was just waiting for things to fall into place

also he recently bought property in adelaide, and indicated at that point he wanted to return

Reply #33335 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

A news promo for one of the TV stations said Farley is returning. It should be on the news tonight. Sorry I can't tell you what station it was.

Reply #33341 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Seven news

Reply #33346 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Channel 7 - Farley very close to a 3 year deal.

Could be signed tonight.

Great news.

Reply #33347 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

It just said that the deal should be done as early as tonight - for 3 years I think

Hip hip hooray

Reply #33348 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Whoops- didn't mean to repeat you Stephon

Reply #33349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no not tonight he might sign by the end the week if we r lucky

Reply #33350 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

That is GREAT news! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Reply #33368 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Yeah we need him now, we have been holding out 4 him

Reply #33390 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

We can't afford to lose him after letting other players slip by banking on the fact Farley we would re-sign.

Reply #33406 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #33500 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

On Talking Hoops tonight they mentioned that he has rejected the Sixers' offer and they have given him another 48 hours to re consider.

Reply #33516 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I hope that is not true, wonder what family issue it could be or if its just a easly way to reget an offer without pissing people off.

Reply #33522 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I don't think Farley rejecting the Sixers, if it happens, will cause too much trouble signing a replacement. Unlike Australian Free Agents, who all get snapped up in the first couple of months after the season, plenty of US players are going to be available in August/September. In all probability most import candidates would hold off signing anywhere until just prior to the NBA season because they are all still hoping to land a roster spot there.

Waiting a couple of extra weeks in May is not going to hold things up to much, I don't think.

Reply #33547 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The 36ers can't afford to make a telephone to someone in Australia in relation to free agents, what are the chances that they will ahout Phil an overseas trip to the US to scout...

I've got more chance of being about to fly......

Reply #33599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754