Thoughts on who will win?

Topic #29345 | Report this topic

Rock  
Years ago

I assume you mean the women's comp?

Reply #379701 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Woodville have had a strong but lucky finish to the season and I fully expect sturt to take this game (but we all know how sturt choked away the aba grand final)

Reply #379704 | Report this post

Rusty Gold  
Years ago

U23 what ? Mens or women ? I dont follow them ,i can find out but please can you be any more vague?

Reply #379712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood women by 30.
Sturt men by 8 in a match well worth seeing.

I see the div 2s are at the Dome too, anyone know who is supposed to win those games?

Reply #379738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would assume that norwood will win the womens game quite easily based on past results
mens game could go either way and will be a real tightly contested battle right till the final whistle i would say, woodville have beat sturt twice by single digits and the most recent matchup by 1 and sturts win being by 15 or so. prediction game will be decided in the final plays of the game... woodville or sturt either way within 3 points, too hard to pick
should be a good night and atmosphere with lots of sturt teams represented on the night, expect them to turn out in numbers.

Reply #379745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt will win div 2 final easy!! oh yeah its sturt vs sturt

Reply #379746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great job by Woodville to get the win in the Div 1 GF over Sturt.

Only just scraped into the finals, won two finals by 2 points to make the GF, were down at the half and won comfortably in the end.

Not too many titles down there but this was one to remember.

Reply #379972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was super happy watching Woodville beat Sturt oh yeaah

Reply #379978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville ump by any chance?

Reply #379983 | Report this post

Really???  
Years ago

Really....Woodville umps! typical sturt cry when there are out classed!

Reply #379986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought all umps loved Sturt oh sorry, it's demanded by BSA all umps love Sturt :P

Reply #379988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt chokers!!

Reply #379990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they werent up by stacks with 5 to go were they?? ;-)

Reply #379991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two years in a row for Sturt to lose - last year they didn't even finish the game. Junior performances slipping - what is happening with the once might Sturt??

Reply #379994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Sturt aren't as tough as they act, so teams/clubs learned to beat the Sturt pressure press and Sturt now have to learn how to play under pressure not the other way around?

Reply #379997 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

How far do you think they've slipped. Boys in GF in U101, U121, U141, U161, U181, U231, U232, ABL & Seniors Div 2?

Reply #379999 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Who did sturt lose to in last years final?

Reply #380000 | Report this post

Bunnings  
Years ago

North I think

Reply #380005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott Butler led Sturt against Corey Mc's North
WArbout kept going down with cramp. Sturt had multiple players fouled out, Butler capitulated about 3 minutes to the end rather than injury Warbout who wished to play on. I thought however that was the season before or does time dim my memory.

Reply #380008 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Sounds like another sturt choke ^

Reply #380015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Razor,

They would have won them in the past but now they are second fiddle. Girls are worse.

Reply #380023 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Woodville won 2 grand finals on same night. Maybe something different in the air at Woodville. Good to see another club stand up to Sturt and get rthe win. Credit to young blue boys - not disgraced and couple close calls were all that in it

Reply #380026 | Report this post

Hogwash 23  
Years ago

Yes congratulations to Woodville, they were more committed. The Sturt offense, which seems the same in ABA lacks very few hard cuts to the basket. It's a guard cutting over the low block screen, receiving the ball and then 4 players mostly stand around waiting for him to create something. Dribble, dribble, dribble and then get up a difficult shot with a couple of seconds to go. The sturt bigs arent great but they need to have more screens set for them instead of always the other way round. god help the team if the guards arnt hitting, which happened with Ing and daley in final and tuesday night too except for a couple by karretta but mostly too late.
One consolation is sturt's first five were all 20 or under so a few years to go yet. Some of Woodvilles are finished in the grade. Good work to woodville though.

Reply #380034 | Report this post

aano  
Years ago

great work by the young warriors group - sturt had a talent laden team they were out played by more determined group.
Seems that other clubs are making a push North last year -good for basketball

Reply #380362 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754