PlaymakerMo
Years ago

How will Corin Henry go in the NBL?

I've been reading a fair bit (on this site) about Corin Henry's game, or lack thereof. Many have dubbed him the dubious award of "first import to be cut".

Based on the preseason stats, he's been underwhelming with two games of 10+ pts but sub-par FG% and one game with 31pts on 11/17 - from memory.

While I understand some of his strengths and weaknesses based on footage and stats, I haven't seen him play in person and am struggling to get a good read of him.

Is this too small a sample size to judge him so harshly, or is he really as unimpressive as I'm lead to believe?

To anyone that has seen him play: help?

Topic #29355 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

He's very short so will be up against it trying to get his shot off. However, he's very fast. If he can distribute well, maybe he'll last.

Reply #379831 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I jumped on his bandwagon after that 31 point performance.. He won defensive awards in the denmark league, for a player of his size that says a lot. I'm excited to see him play this season. He seems like a very motivated character who lives for his basketball he also tweets to much hahah.

Reply #379837 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think he'll do ok if he chooses when to force things in the key. He's fearless in attacking the rim, which his Denmark clips showed, and I've seen him play up in Terrigal live and listened to his first Tamworth game and watched the second and he's very very quick, which is exciting to watch, but the thing is, he hasn't actually been distributing it that much, so if his shot isn't on, it's not like he defaults to getting other players their open shots.

In his 31pt game against Cairns, he did a lot of that against them when Wilson was actually on the court so it wasn't like he dropped 30 on their dev player Shaun Bruce or anything, so he's capable, he just needs to pick and choose what he does when, which all imports need to do, it's just how quickly they learn that makes the difference to their success and longevity...

Having a shoot first PG as your coach might effect how he plays, though... lol

As for his tweeting, well, anyone who has followed Trigger won't think that he tweets too much, but every time he thanks the Lord for waking him up another day, I feel like replying "that's a formal relationship you've got with your alarm clock!"

Reply #379852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see him being similar to chris warren except better defensively and not as efficient as a scorer due to not being as good a shooter

Reply #379873 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

If they win he stays, if they loose he will be the scapegoat....

Reply #379877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wookiee, is he worried about dying in his sleep?!

Reply #379879 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'll defs be reading into the preseason tourney closely for additional insight.

Reply #379911 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@anon 9873... His lane drives and pull up shots were really dropping that first game against Cairns from what I heard in the radio, so time will tell about his shooting ability, I think that what he does when he gets in there and that's not open will be the testing point... Our bigs need to cut and give him an out instead of chucking up bricks or getting blocked... I love his aggressiveness, but it's got to play smart...

@isaac - heh... I think that would be a fear for me if I spent a day getting put through a training session that Hammer is putting the guys through lately, but Mighty Mouse should be able to handle it ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he goes up against Damo in the pre-season tournament... he was able to split a lot of double teams against Cairns, but you're getting a taste of our best Aussie defensive guard first up, you're going to have to have your its about you... Good test and a heads up on what he can expect Down Under...

Reply #379954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754