skip
Years ago

Boti: Sixers gelling well, Pero signed

Story on Adelaide Now

NEW 36ers import CJ Massingale had his first hit-out with the 36ers yesterday at Adelaide Arena, the full group definitely looking an NBL playoff contender on paper.

Daniel Johnson's outside game has gone a further level forward, Stephen Weigh was relishing his freedom and the intangibles co-captain Adam Gibson and Anthony Petrie bring immediately were evident.

Co-captain Nathan Crosswell moved well, Luke Schenscher prowled the paint, Jason Cadee ran his combinations efficiently and Mitch Creek showed he has increased his offensive arsenal.

Vasiljevic will take the final roster spot, coach Marty Clarke happy with the assembled line-up.

Anyone else getting really excited about this year?

Topic #29358 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

No excuses for the team OR for the fans - the club has had a positive off season and recruited well, now it is up to the fans to get behind them and show their support. I hope the club's promotion of the first game is as aggressive as their recruiting has been and the full house sign gets dusted off for the first time in years.

GO SIXERS!!

Reply #379856 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Im not jealous at all......

Reply #379857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Individually the parts that get me excited from this article is the improved outside game of Daniel Johnson and i'm going to assume its the outside game of Mitch Creek.

Reply #379862 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Best roster in a while, even if a couple of the signings fell in their laps (could've used imports in those places instead, if the Blaze had hung around). Bit of pressure on everyone now to make sure they get the results.

Should be a great season and there will be a lot of questions and stories unfolding at the Sixers alone - are Cadee and Creek ready for the next step, can Gibson continue his great play, can Petrie turn around the defensive fortunes of Adelaide, how will Weigh go sans injury, Schensch hopefully back to his previous best in Adelaide, what can Massingale do in the NBL, etc.

Reply #379863 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'Four , five , Sixers ! ' I heard 13 players on court yell out this morning. Pero is very athletic with a nice jumper
as well as being a big . Some nice allyoops from Cadee to Creek . I think there's 4 here from last season and 6 new ones. Weigh Crosswell moving freely
Weigh doesn't get many in. CJ and others get most of 'em in.
Anyways , Nine news were there , so you'll see a bit of it tonite.

Reply #379876 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm excited. But then I always am.

Don't go breakin' my heart.

Reply #379880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We've hyped the team up every year only to almost fail on every single one. I'll set my expectations low just in case I get disappointed again.

Reply #379881 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

13 players on at the same time . 8 in blue and 5 in white , sure looked very very slick , all of them
and it's a good game to watch.

Reply #379884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Technically Boti doesn't say if Pero is actually signed yet just implies he will be as most of us suspect, still would be good if they could get it done and nail down the 10 man roster.

Reply #379886 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Your 5 best against 8 is pretty good , in a little bit of excitement.

Reply #379887 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm with you skip, I'm legitimately optimistic for the first time in a long time, there are few question marks about our team and we're in for an exciting season!

What's more is i'll be able to see every 36ers game for the first time which amps up the excitement that much more!

Reply #379893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should make top 3 with that line up. A very good chance to win it all I think.

Reply #379901 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Reply #379902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they will finish top 2 during the regular season and then be a real chance to make it to the GF stage.

Reply #379905 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Should be a great season and there will be a lot of questions and stories unfolding at the Sixers alone - are Cadee and Creek ready for the next step, can Gibson continue his great play, can Petrie turn around the defensive fortunes of Adelaide, how will Weigh go sans injury, Schensch hopefully back to his previous best in Adelaide, what can Massingale do in the NBL, etc.

can Clarke handle them?

I am really excited about the line-up this coming season. Would have loved a couple of pre season games here in Adelaide to get a first look at the team. Looking forward to the season starting and the potential for success this time around.

Reply #379922 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Really excited about the team and the NBL in general, excited to be able to watch every game on NBL.tv

Reply #379949 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754