PlaymakerMo
Years ago

Luke Nevill signed for Indiana Pacers' training camp

Source: http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2012/09/17/pacers-blue-and-gold-will-have-18-players-in-camp/

Very solid achievement in itself! This highlights how Nevill was clearly underrated in the NBL, IMO.

Topic #29363 | Report this topic

Hurls  
Years ago

where is he signed to head to this season so far? i nevr thought heaps of him but hes been getting a bit of NBA attention, no one really talks about it much tho, i guess people assume hes never gonna make an actual team or something, but either way this wil all be good for his development as a player..

Reply #379926 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Hopefully he gets one of the last spots on the roster, sounds like there are 2 up for grabs.

It will be interesting to see what he does if he doesn't make the team.

Maybe he should play in the NBDL for a year to get more exposure to NBA team scouts.

A lot of NBDL guys get 10 day contracts and end of season deals to cover for injuries and so teams have the players rights for next season.

It is a big pay drop from Euro contracts though, so it would be a money sacrifice for 1 yr.

Reply #379933 | Report this post

Needtojump  
Years ago

This's article says that he has been signed!

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers-sign-free-agents-luke-nevill-and-ben-hansbrough

Reply #379936 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

This opened my eyes up this morning, i went from being quite tired and sh*ty to extremely excited for big Luke, hope he does his thing and secures a roster spot!

Reply #379940 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

He is probably signed to a non-guaranteed contract.

Most NBA teams have 3-5 players on these deals during training camp and let them battle it out for roster spots 14-15.

Reply #379946 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

They also signed these 3 recently, probably to the same deals.
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers-sign-blake-ahearn-sam-young-sundiata-gaines

They have 17 players under contract and 3 players still unsigned from last season.

NBA teams are only allowed to have 15 players after training camp.
Some teams run with 14 in case of injuries or decent players getting cut from other teams or to save a $1 or $2 mil.

On the plus side the Pacers only have Hibbert and Mahinmi at Center, so Nevill has a good chance to stay.

Reply #379948 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him for the season. Even just for the reason that he is good training material for Hibbert as no one else is his size and strength (Mahinmi 6'11 100kgs)

Reply #379962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he should play in the NBDL for a year to get more exposure to NBA team scouts.

Nevill has previously played in the D-League and didn't get a call up but prior to that he did a training camp with the Cavs and had to guard Shaq every day in practice.

Lets hope he's a chance to make the Pacers roster as their 3rd string centre behind Hibbert & Mahinmi but I doubt he will make the cut.

Reply #379995 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good luck to the big fella!

Hope you comes through with a permanent gig!

Reply #380030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the best Luke

Reply #380043 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Best of luck to him, would be great to see him secure a roster spot. He put up descent numbers at Bogues old school,and has good touch for a big guy shots ft at a high clip, (88% in Russia) which is attractive for a center.i remember there was talk of him being drafted but didn't eventuate so it would be good to see him get signed to the big show even if it's just as the 3rd big.

Reply #380049 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

he could probably do a role for the pacers. yeh be that other big at training, cover at the 5 spot in case of an injury or two. if he does make the cut, i wouldnt expect any minutes maybe some late junk minutes in blow out games if that happens at all, otherwise will be there for cover if injuries hit.

Reply #380056 | Report this post

Years ago

Like Patty and Tully in San Antonio we now have Erin and Luke in Indiana!

Reply #380097 | Report this post

cliff  
Years ago

hope he makes it.

are the d-league games ever telecast?

Reply #380111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think so on their website?

I just downloaded a torr...I mean 'purchased' the 2012 NBA All-Star game and it comes with the dunk comp, everything including the D-League all-star game and dunk comp too.

Haven't watched it yet but safe to assume it was well worth the 'purchase' price.

Reply #380120 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754