Isaac
Years ago

Pre-season Blitz: Wildcats vs Kings

Wildcats easily beating the Kings at the moment. Live stats

Kings with their full squad I think, though they are yet to play Martin. Cats are down Robbins and Bartlett, plus playing development players a few minutes. Margin out near 20 at three-quarter time.

Edit: Martin has now hit the court.

Cats are out to 93-64 with three to play.

Topic #29382 | Report this topic

Whippet  
Years ago

Hammer getting tossed was the highlight of the game enough said

Reply #380162 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Heal is a tool! Wildcats looking good!

Reply #380164 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

It's only pre-season, it's a bit early to tell how much of a tool Heal is.

Reply #380168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know the reason for Luke Martin and Dann's number changes? I feel like Luke Martin has worn every number for the Kings.... Also noticed Ben Allen has changed to #5. Makes him look lighter haha Any other number changes around the league?

Reply #380189 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Solid performance by Harvey.

Reply #380202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are like a machine they just keep on keeping on. When they play no team can match them, but they get leads then they just stop let the other team back and the just go away from what there good at. Like last seaon, up by 20 + against the tigers blaze, n game 1 of the gf game 1 they had that lead in the 1st minutes

Reply #380206 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

From casually looking at the high scores, Harvey had 13 midway through the second, and finished with 19. I don't call that solid, and thats been an issue for him his entire career.

Reply #380212 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Since when has scoring 19ppg ever been a problem? Look at anyone's scoring throughout a game and it's not like they get the exact same score every single quarter...

19pts on 8/11, 5reb, only 1 TO, that sounds like a TERRIBLE dilemma! I wish we had more players suffering like that!

I think Harvey's output is a big positive to come out of this game, as well as Madgen's consistent output and Bruce's continued solid improvement.

It's just a shame that the Kings were in front for the majority of the first half before falling to bits partway through the third.

I'm concerned more and more about getting out-rebounded by so much... Our front court depth isn't where it should be, and Garlepp seems to have had an off night compared to a fairly decent and hard working pre-season so far and it's looking like we're going to live and die a bit by Lazare's jumpshot.

Reply #380217 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If all your players are playing "solid" in the first quarter, then fading out as the game goes on, then yes, that is a dilemma.

Reply #380221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney's problem isn't there guards. Well Henry isn't a point guard he sucks and will b the first import sacked for sure!

Reply #380225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't say their problem isn't their guards and then say that one of their key guards sucks and should be cut!

Reply #380229 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Harvey has had vitually (54 seconds)no game practice so far. Big step last night, top job. Hope he's back in the groove for the season.
Ben Allen was excellent in the QBL.
Heal did a lot with and for him.
How much did the Kings falter due to losing their coach? Any faith in the Assistants?

Reply #380230 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Bowtie - From watching the livestats as they unfolded, they'd already started the falter after being up by a nice margin... part of which may have been the inspiration for Hammer's questioning of the refs, as we can't ALL have newspaper columnists declaring refs shit and biased on our behalves like some teams ;)

There's still some good signs from this team, but the lack of beef up front and this consistent one bad quarter per game is a bit of concern... I saw Harvey play his first game back in Terrigal and I was surprised to see him play with a lot of intensity and aggression, even in just those limited minutes, so it's good to see him continue on that line and that his recent resting in Tamworth was just precautionary and he's come back in these last two games with decent minutes and output...

Reply #380321 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I suspect that if Harvey performs, it might be because he's off the leash with Heal, unlike last year where he seemed on the outer. Might translate to personal stats more than wins though.

Reply #380329 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754