Years ago

getting to melb this weekend

well looked at getting a flight sat morn - going to the nbl / crows and tea in lygon st then a pub, and wnbl / nbl sunday.

$1600 return airfare for my lad and myself - woah.

appreciate the extra flights but usually one can get an economy return to melb for $250 pp

damn ! will be staying in adel at those prices - happy to pay a bit more but that will smash the budget (

Topic #29385 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Money means nothing to a fan.

Always a chance to hitchhike across. There's a nice chap call Mick Taylor who has a ute.

Reply #380185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Start of the school holidays champ! Good choice staying home though, why in gods name you decide eat at Lygon St? Plenty of other great places to eat.

Reply #380228 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

I live in Melbourne and commute regularly to Adelaide. These days if you get under $300 return you're doing pretty well (unless there are sales). With the footy, they've bumped up the prices incredibly. Sucks for Crows fans wanting to get to the game, if they're really desperate they can always drive I guess.

Reply #380232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why cant you drive, its only 8 hrs, cost you a hundred - hundred and fifty bucks in fuel each way.

Reply #380397 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754