McMillan
Years ago

Can the Crows do it?

Tip off close! Can ours boys knock off the title favourite hawks?

If Tippett steps up and we limit buddy who knows..

Ive watched enough pro sport to know miracles do happen.

Predictions?

Topic #29397 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

can someone give me a link to stream it from? i know how hard it is but i have heard there are some sites that do it which are dodgy. im in the UK so i dont have access to the game any help appreciated.

Prediction hawks by 2 goals but hoping its the other way around and the crows get through.

Reply #380331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

David had more of a chance against Goliath than the crows have against hawthorn and so No, I don't think they can do it. The hawks are 'Black Caviar' and the crows are 'Mr Ed'.

Reply #380333 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

carn the crows. found a stream too.

Reply #380334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No offense to the umpires but when you get someone in a headlock it usually results in the other guy getting the free doesn't it?

Reply #380335 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

You need to offend these umpires...As soon as Sydney won last night I figured we would be screwed by them tonight...Cant not have a Melbourne team in the Grantd Final...this is an ABSOLUTE shambles

Reply #380336 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

A 'tap' is now a 'throw', you get a 50m penalty and easy shot on goal for the slightest nudge after a mark and apparently it's not holding the ball if you drag the ball in.

I'm not a fan of this interpretation of the rules, it has 'Ensure a Victorian team makes every grand final' written all over it

Reply #380337 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

A tap is only a throw when its Adelaide KET, Hawthorn did the same thing 2mins later...but it was ok then

Reply #380338 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I get that the Hawks are favourites, but the pre-game odds seemed crazy for 1st v 2nd on the ladder, Crows won a lot of games this year and beat a lot of good teams.

Reply #380341 | Report this post

McMillan  
Years ago

Up at half time!

Reply #380342 | Report this post

McMillan  
Years ago

We are the pride of south Australia.....we are the mighty Adelaide crows!

Reply #380343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That bald umpire is a hack

Reply #380345 | Report this post

Years ago

Be lucky to get within 6 goals

Reply #380347 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There was a passage of play where there was a free to Adelaide and the umpire wanted advantage. The players put there hands up, but the umpire refused (in violation of the rules) The confusion gave a free to Hawthorn.

Gotta have a Victorian team into the GF or else it doesn't matter.

Reply #380349 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

What a huge effort from the boys, insane game to watch. Imagine what would have happened with some non-bias umpires who know the rules apply to both teams and dont just make stuff up as they go.

Great season, nice to see a Adelaide team with a good coach.

Reply #380351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, listening to you Adelaide fans complain about the umpires makes the win even sweeter!

Reply #380354 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Come on the bad umpire decisions went both ways.

The free kick Franklin gave away was not a late bump on Dangerfield. So it should have been a Hawks shot at goals. Instead Adelaide go down and kick a goal.

The free kick Porplyzia gave away should have been 50 to the Hawks. Watch the reply and see he was never a chance for the marking contest and instead just wanted to cause damage and got him in the head. I'm surprised he isn't reported for striking. Then after some great acting by Porplyzia the free kick is reversed and the crows got a goal from it.

The umpiring was bad for both teams.

Regardless, Hawks should have easily won it if they could kick straight.

I wanted the crows to win and we should all be proud of their efforts.

Reply #380355 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It went more one way than other KJ

Reply #380357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cry, cry, cry.

KJ is right, it went both ways. If the Hawks lost, the Hawks fans would be calling the umpires names and the Crows fans would be saying it was good umpiring.

Reply #380358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It went two frees in favor of the hawks hardly one sided!

Reply #380359 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Anyone who put money on Scott Thompson to win the Brownlow must be regretting that decision now. No umpire love for the man whatsoever.

Great entertainment tonight, great to see the underdogs make the favourites earn their spot. Proves the draw was useful, but they were worthy nevertheless.

Reply #380360 | Report this post

As for the initial question... the answer would be
NNNnnnnnnooooo

Entire FIXTURE set up for the Crows. 2 games against all the retard teams and as for the umpiring complaints, tell your story walking.

Reply #380386 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

KingJames, you hit the nail on the head. There were calls that went both ways, it was far from one sided. The free kick count was only in favour of the hawks by two. And when there are 46 free kicks awarded, a difference of two is not much at all.

On my facebook so many crows fans were complaining about the umpires. It's simply a superficial response to make themselves feel better, because heaven forbid that they actually admit that their team lost because they couldn't hack it in the final moments. The Hawks had 10 more scoring shots, 26 more inside 50s, and 21 more tackles than the crows. Don't get me wrong, the crows played well, but Hawthorn are a better side and probably should've won by at least 3-4 goals more had they kicked straight.

Note that this is also coming from a supporter of neither side, I was a neutral at the G yesterday, great game to watch. I don't expect the Crows to make top 4 next year, they had too many easy wins this year with a soft schedule but they'll be a very tough out in the finals. Having said that, many crows fans often get off-side with the coach when the team are not world beaters at the top of the ladder. Should the going get tough, how Sanderson responds to the pressure of them, plus the pressure of the Crowvertiser, will be quite telling into how his regime will go.

Reply #380429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said Chewy

Reply #380430 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That was not well said at all.

here were calls that went both ways, it was far from one sided. The free kick count was only in favour of the hawks by two. And when there are 46 free kicks awarded, a difference of two is not much at all.

That's under an assumption that teams commit actions that deserve a free kick with roughly the same amount. I'd say in this case not giving a 50m penalty for the Hawthorn runner going through the mark is a clear screw up, as is an umpire making the wrong call from 100m away, or the 50M penalty that should not have been given which resulted in a goal for the Hawks.

We aren't saying the Crows were robbed of the game, but the umpiring plainly sucked. You're running on the formula of "1 horrible call against the Crows is the same as 1 50/50 call against the Hawks". I'm not saying all calls against the Crows are horrible by any means, what I am saying is giving 50M penalties away or the omission of doing so when it's deserved is very different to "that could have been holding the ball, maybe"

Basically, don't look at it in the way of "only in favour by two", it's not a reasonable test for "bias".

If the Hawks lost, the Hawks fans would be calling the umpires names and the Crows fans would be saying it was good umpiring.

That would not have been the case at all, crap umpiring is crap umpiring. Victorian fans feel screwed over if they get reasonable calls against them when playing a non-vic team, as it's quite outside their comfort zone.

It's simply a superficial response to make themselves feel better, because heaven forbid that they actually admit that their team lost because they couldn't hack it in the final moments.

That's a silly cheap shot that does not deserve respect. Adelaide played one of their best matches period, especially one of their best finals. Is there disappointment in losing? Yes. Are we proud of how well Adelaide competed and how well they played? Absolutely. We saw a very good display of football from both Adelaide and Hawthorn and I don't think anyone expected Adelaide to play so damn well. Suffice to say that the comment "couldn't hack it in the final moments" is a completely ignorant argument, Adelaide did anything but choke this match, they served it up to the number one team in their home ground and came away with less than one goal difference, that is not choking by any means.

I don't expect the Crows to make top 4 next year, they had too many easy wins this year with a soft schedule but they'll be a very tough out in the finals.

You can only beat who you play. Did Adelaide have an easy schedule? Yes, but what Adelaide have shown this year is that they were undoubtedly a top 4 team. Only Hawthorn (top team) and Collingwood (bogey team) were really comparative, and Sydney which Adelaide beat during the year. In terms of Finals, Adelaide beat Freo and as we saw served it up to the Hawks. If anything, with our young side we could very well see Adelaide taking the next step to the Grand Final next year. To say that Adelaide won't be a top 4 team next year without knowing any of the offseason movements, using it on simply the stupid basis that Adelaide aren't a top 4 team this year if it wasn't for the schedule is complete nonsense.

the pressure of the Crowvertiser

It's amusing that people call it The Crowvertiser, considering the chief writer is a Port supporter and at least half of the football writers are not Crows supporters (granted several are Victorian syndicated from the Herald Sun). It's also amusing that people expect Adelaide media to not focus on an Adelaide team, or maybe people feel that it's weird to not read such victoriancentric coverage as we see on the Footy Show or Herald Sun, The Age, AFL.com.au or Fox Sports? They could not give a toss about an Adelaide team, but it's fair that in an Adelaide market, the Adelaide Crows or Port Power are the headlines.

---

Don't let the disgust about the umpiring diminish just how proud Adelaide supporters are of the Crows efforts and just how well they played against the Premiership favourites who we all know are an incredibly strong team. It must be acknowledged that there is some space to vent about umpiring, as it is such a big feature of the game and to just say "oh it's just whining" or "it was the same number of free kicks anyway" is a pretty pathetic and frankly uneducated approach, those arguments could be made by people who never saw the game or don't know what the game even is. Congratulations to the Hawks and Sydney in making the big stage, and it was great that the game I watched was not dirty and it was genuinely a brilliant game even though my side did not come up victors in the end.

Reply #380431 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754