Tru Blue Emcee
Years ago

The Adelaide Arena Video

Just found this on YouTube (not sure if its been posted on here before or not) but i thought you guys might be interested in taking a look.

Description from the video:

CBRE are pleased to be appointed as sole agents in the sale of The Dome, Adelaide - the home of the Basketball Association of SA, The Adelaide 36ers and Adelaide Lightning National Basketball Teams

Also my page is still active, because after this season our fight to save the Arena will continue Save The Adelaide Arena

Topic #29404 | Report this topic

Opt  
Years ago

I'm trying hard to win the lottery to buy this

Reply #380395 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Half heard a bit on the dome on 891 earlier. They had the govt's major projects guy Rod Hook saying something along the lines that the SA govt wouldn't buy the dome outright but would consider supporting a bid from BSA should Cwlth funding also be available. I think said he 'encouraged' BSA to bid?

This says to me that it is critical that the SA bball community stand up to be counted. Has anyone thought to plan a small stand at every suburban venue weeknights with a petition for people to sign?

Reply #380563 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

My idea to help purchase the Arena is to issue Shares at say $50-100 .Perhaps if it makes enough dollars it could be just part of the total sum that BSA ,Federal and State pitch in .To make it interesting if you invest enough or meet a benchmark amount you can have access to one or two of the chairs in the corporate boxes or free entry or something .

Reply #380919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shotclock, with respect, that idea has been floated to death around here. Whilst it sounds great on face value, it could never ever work in reality.

Reply #380926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754