billo
Years ago

NBL.TV has arrived

Just got the email telling me NBL.TV has arrived and is available for sign up.

Here's an excerpt from the email:

All matches live on smart-phone and tablet. For web, all TEN matches are simulcast at the time of broadcast and all other matches are live. All prices in Australian dollars. Earlybird offer expires on October 28, 2012. Annual pass normally $79. NBL.TV is not available in New Zealand.

Can't remember what the conclusion was earlier about whether games would be shown live on computers or only on mobile devices but this seems to state things in a pretty unambiguous way (and the news is good!).

Topic #29431 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

I am not a techie but are you able to run through your TV? I have internet through my TV so I am assuming it may be possibe?

Reply #381064 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Yes, it does play on your PC. To quote from the FAQ

"Streaming allows you to play a program straight from NBL.TV, without you having to download the program to your hard drive first.

Simply choose a program and Click to Play. Don't forget that you have to be online for the entire length of the program to play it.

To use streaming on your computer you need to install Flash, a program which Adobe provides a version of for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. "

The link to the FAQ section is http://www.nbl.tv/help

Reply #381065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing so far.

Reply #381068 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I got the email and signed up and paid.

Checked on my iphone and the login worked!

Noticed on the website they had upcoming game and also all 3 games of last seasons grand final but in the app nothing yet.

Looking forward to trying it out airplay from my ipad to apple tv

Reply #381070 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Thanks Ushiro. Just to clarify you need to strewam through your PC. Can you then use the stream from the PC to your TV?

Reply #381071 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

My iphone says it needs adobe flash and when I try to download says it's not supported on this device? How can I fix this issue?

Reply #381072 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

For the 36ers schedule, they seem to have highlighted the matches which will be broadcast by Channel Ten/ONEHD or SKY NZ

Reply #381073 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Yeah Jake, if your computer has an HDMI input you can connect it to your TV.

Google image HDMI port and HDMI cable.

Reply #381074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flash and Iphone? Nope.

Reply #381076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On your PC all you doe with Windows 7 is the "connect to a projector option". So long as your PC can see the TV as a device and away you go, and you need to change your sound output to the default being the TV in this case.

Reply #381079 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Scratch my comment..turns out it's just the alternating colours from the Full Schedule

Reply #381081 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

You dont need flash for your iphone to use NBL.tv there is a NBL.tv app.. check the app store

Reply #381084 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

ok so my tv can browse the web, (sony smart tv)

can i view it through there ?

and being cheeky but is there away to download and store the game

Reply #381086 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Thomo you could use software that records the stream, but the games will also be available to watch later they dont have to be watched live which they may allow you to download direct or you could just as easily rip it while you watch the replay.

Reply #381088 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

For those asking how to get iPhone/Ipad to the Tv you may need one of these HDMI Adapter Cable for iPad iphone 4G iPod Touch HDTV TV (you can get them from Dick Smiths too)
Easy as, plug and play...

Reply #381099 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Reply #381100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please excuse my extreme technological ignorance, but I don't have a smartphone or tablet, and my internet at home is just a USB modem with limited gigs each month. What's the cheapest way for me to upgrade to something that will allow me to access NBL TV?

Reply #381101 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

This might be more suited to a tech forum but am I correct in my thinking here?....put a USB wifi donlge (such as Netgear wnda3100v2) in to my 60" Panasonic TV and I should be able to stream the NBL feed from my Mac to my TV no probs? Seems too easy and too good to be true!

Reply #381103 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Just signed up and good to know it works on my Samsung Smart TV through the web browser! First test was a success!

Reply #381105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it when you click on "full reply" you still see just highlights?

Reply #381109 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There is no full replay up yet

Reply #381114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok thanks mate

Reply #381115 | Report this post

threeball  
Years ago

Just did it. Looks good so far.

Is that Drewy's voice on the test video?

Reply #381116 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

for those asking internet questions, usb dongles are crap and you will no doubt be plagued with lag and pauses in the feed. thats just limitations of wireless unfortunately and it will depend how many people are on the phone network, the more people on the phone tower the worse your connection will be. best thing to do is upgrade your internet at home and get a proper adsl connection if possible. im not saying it wont work with the dongle but you dont get many gigs on those things and streaming video is not its intended use so you will run out if internet quick and not have as good of a connection compared to that of adsl/fibre.

if you have a new computer just hook it up to the internet and as others have said connect up a hdmi cable to the tv and export your screen to the tv. simple as that.

Reply #381117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe it runs on flash! Cuts out iPad and iPhone market. NBL always manages to fuck up a good thing somehow.

Reply #381119 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

No, NBL.TV clearly is on iPad and iPhone, download the app from the app store.

Reply #381121 | Report this post

Tru blue Emcee  
Years ago

I can confirm it works on both iPhone and iPad, like the above posts said, you need to DL the app first...

Reply #381122 | Report this post

Shotcock  
Years ago

there are Netgear powerline ethernet extenders available too if your Internet is not near TV .

Reply #381123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely the 60" Panny has the Cat5 input?

Reply #381124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks guys about the app, would be nice of them to make that clear in the e-mail they send out rather than just give the link to the website only.

Reply #381130 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Any Android users tested yet on either a phone of tablet?

Reply #381134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how much data would you need for watching multiple games each week?

Reply #381136 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The android app is not out yet

Reply #381139 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There's three levels of quality to choose from while youre watching (bottom left hand side of window) and the FAQs says the top level uses up to 1500MB (excuse me if terminology incorrect). From experience the lower quality on FIBA TV uses 400-500 so it should be the same on NBL.TV but I dont know for sure.

Reply #381140 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sorry, quality levels are on the bottom right hand side!

Reply #381141 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

36er home court wirelessed?

If it is, i will get our my iphone and plug in for live court side commentary from hopefully Brett Maher and replays.

Reply #381151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tru Blue Emcee - I was thinking of getting Apple TV. Would that HDMI Adapter Cable have the same result in that I could connect my iphone to the tv?

I've got wireless ADLS2+ but my desktop isn't near my tv so won't be able to connect it to my tv.

Reply #381153 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Thanks guys about the app, would be nice of them to make that clear in the e-mail they send out rather than just give the link to the website only.

It was pretty clear, if you read the first post in this thread it includes an excerpt direct from the email saying how it is available on smart phones and tablets and when you get the website it also makes it clear.

Stop looking for things to complain about and use your brain.

Reply #381155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The email received does have an "Available on the App Store" button that should be familiar to iOS users. They could've made it a bit clearer, but they've mentioned apps a few times in the past.

Have paid up, downloaded the iPad app and logged in OK. Will be using that or trying a Samsung smart TV to connect direct.

For cables, be aware that expensive HDMI cables are usually a con. You can get cheap cables from dealextreme.com - cheap enough to be worth a shot and price includes shipping. Often the eBay sellers are selling the same gear but hitting you with higher postage.

Have had a couple of average aux cables from DealExtreme, but HDMI and optical cables have been fine.

Reply #381156 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Billo

It's not that entirely clear.

From the email

Subscribe now and watch all of the following Round 1 games and MORE on your computer, iPad or iPhone.

Makes it sound like it wont work on my Android phone.

Reply #381159 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

For tablet and phone users, only iPhones and iPads will work at this point.

Android apps are still a few weeks away. No idea about other platforms.

Reply #381161 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

The app for android phones and tablets are not as urgent than for iPhone and iPad as most android systems allow the use of the flash player so you can stream direct from the nbl.tv website.

Reply #381162 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

"expensive HDMI cables are usually a con."

Replace "usually" with "always". MSY computers sell reasonably priced ones, you can get 5m ones for around $12.

Reply #381164 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bobby, I initially wrote that and then wondered if there was a $500 HDMI cable delivered by a gyrating dance troupe, or that came as part of a silent performance that offered expressive gesture-based commentary on our need to be always entertained. Hate to rule anything out.

Reply #381167 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Skip, I assumed (possibly incorrectly?) that the 2 anonymous posts were from the same user:

Can't believe it runs on flash! Cuts out iPad and iPhone market. NBL always manages to fuck up a good thing somehow.

followed by:

So my response was specifically regarding access on the iPhone and iPad to someone who appears to be looking for reasons to hate.

I agree things are less clear for the android.

Reply #381169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billo mate, not everyone is incredibly technologically savy. It wasn't hate, it was a suggested improvement.

It is not clear from the website that you need the App for it to work on Ipad/IPhone. At 11pm at night when looking at the site and finding it doesn't work on flash, as far as the website makes it seem that's it. I went to the FAQ, no mention of an App at all.

Classic case of you not thinking like a customer, I'm presuming you don't run a business.

Seriously get the stick out of your arse mate.

Reply #381178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any one know, how long each game will be on? Example a game on friday nyt and u wana watch it on tues nyt? Is it gona be ondemad 4 the wk, month?

Reply #381180 | Report this post

Pugsley  
Years ago

Paid up and confirmed working through Windows Media Center

Reply #381183 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I think the "hate" is referring to the overdone comment here:

NBL always manages to fuck up a good thing somehow.
Bit strong to call a lack of clear explanation a "fuck up". The anon post after that, from you, was reasonable.

Reply #381187 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

OK I still havnt got an email despite registering as soon as it was announced? Is there some special code to get the cheaper deal or is it just open to anyone before the season starts?

ps Isaac have you boosted up the security on here recently as it seems over the last week or so Ive been getting error messages everytime I post meaning I have to go up and log in again and repost?

Reply #381219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pre joined not long after the offer opened. Heard nothing.
Emailed them yesterday asking what's going on. Nothing.

Reply #381228 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Strange, I got an email from them on Thursday. Have you checked your junk folder?

Reply #381230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stil no response, despite my direct email to them with my email and mobile number. Checked the junk mail folder as well.
I believe there is a meeting tomorrow to sort out issues like I have experienced. If I wasn't keen to join, I wouldnt bother. Clealry they have had issues, and let's hope the coverage is worth it. Assuming I am able to join.

Reply #381423 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Funnily enough, Ive found the best way to contact them is to tweet. They seem to respond fastest to that, most likely an efficient social media person.

Reply #381428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO idea about tweeting and if their website cant deleiver what they say and thier own feedback system can't even bother to respond to take my moeny, it's ludicrous. Why should i even have to post here to vent my displeasure at their ineptitide?
I do want to see their product. THE NBL. Shame they can't deliver.

Reply #381486 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Must be some problems, Went on this evening to register using my "EarlyBird" offer and Step 1 says "There are no subscription options currently available." and Step 5 says "There are no payment options currently available." Only a few days to the first game so not looking good.

Asked the question on their Facebook page but too early to expect a reply yet.

Anyone else experienced the same problem in the last few days?

Reply #381599 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Think they were fixing PayPal integration at some point. Got my email, paid and logged in OK. Yet to watch the test games.

Reply #381600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another failure on their behalf it seems.

Reply #381612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone emailed Perform?

Reply #381616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From twitter

To anyone that was having trouble subscribing to NBL.TV last night, these issues have now been resolved.

Reply #381620 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Got a response on the Facebook site around 9am this morning advising that their issues had been fixed and had I been able to proceed. Went to nbl.tv and successfully created my log in and paid the earlybird price for my 2012-3 subscription.

Now all I have to do is work out the Adelaide times for the "local time" at each venue so I dont miss any games.

Reply #381621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't like the fact that my early bird account expires earlier than it should. I subscribed a week ago, and could have gotten an extra week out of my subscription if I'd waited....

Reply #381623 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

It will end before next season starts regardless so don't think you won't be missing out on anything anyway. The early bird special saves you $20 and the $59 per annum works out a bit over $1 per week so you are still approx $18.80 ahead!

Reply #381639 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Just realised the TV show Omnisport that is broadcasted each day on ONE is made by Perform Media

Reply #381746 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754