Muzz Buzz
Years ago

Ballinger Foot injured again

i have heard a few people suggest one A Ballinger may not make the flight this Sunday as he had reignited his foot injury. Anyone know anymore?

Topic #29456 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspected he was injured again given how little he's played in their pre-season games.

I was one who said at the time it was a mistake not to re-sign Ballinger but it's starting to look like it might've been a good idea.

Reply #381413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the reasons Ballinger was let go, was at the time he was being reviewed, he could hardly run in a straight line. The uncertainty of his full recovery has been an a major decider in retaining him. If this current rumour is true it only backs up their decision to let him go.
The Tigers will be fighting the Kings for bottom of the ladder.

Reply #381422 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

totally ignored doctors orders and consulted a 'fitness guru' closer to his heart...recipe for disaster and good work by Sixers to let him go..

Reply #381431 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

time to update the dreamteam

Reply #381433 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Burston's a suitable replacement in dream team, or even rush as he would now be expected to play bigger minutes.

The only other bigs the tigers have are Burston and Scott right? This means Greer and Walker will play extended minutes at the PF spot

Reply #381437 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"consulted a 'fitness guru' closer to his heart" - wonder who that could B?

If he has injured his foot again, then moving him on was the correct choice

Reply #381438 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anstey tweeted yesterday that he was unlikely to play this week. Pretty glad if that's the case. Increases our chances of winning and I don't have to see him in that dreaded uniform.

Reply #381474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good idea backing the broken Burtson in your dream tea. Burston would have to be on the all time list of would of and can should of.......'s

Reply #381477 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Nothing against Ballinger personally, but he has underachieved for the last 3 years. He may have been our best player for a few years, but for the money, it was not enough. Especially the away games. Always frustrated that he didn't do more to make the result more respectable. He was let go 2 years too late but better late than never. Bring on the new season and wishes for an injury free one. Go Sixers.

Reply #381492 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Won't be surprised when the Tigers are 0-4 and they sack him for a fit player!

Reply #381506 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Silly boy!!

Reply #381512 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bad run of luck for him - sad to hear if true. Melbourne really needed him fit so hopefully it's only temporary.

Reply #381513 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

sack him for benny anthony

Reply #381518 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@boss - pretty sure Melbourne would prefer a one-legged Ballinger over BJ Anthony...

Reply #381521 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

I bet he would do many things differently if he could wind the clock back.

I like how Hinder stayed at the Crocs at a reduced sum to pay the club back for them supporting him all of last season.

Reply #381526 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

PlaymakerMo: and that is why they will no doubt be fighting it out for the wooden spoon.

A fit BJ Anthony would be help on the boards, another big body in the paint to bang where as Adam Ballinger hasn't done squat for how long?

Reply #381532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A fit BJ Anthony would be help on the boards, another big body in the paint to bang where as Adam Ballinger hasn't done squat for how long?

When he finished equal 3rd in league MVP voting the season before last (2011)?

Reply #381538 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

From the 4 minute highlight reel I saw of Seth Scott, he's a very similar player prototype to Ballinger. So if Scott turns out ok and Burston gets back to his 2011 form- which I expect him to with Anstey and D-Mac now in charge- then the Tigers will be alright. It's point guard I'm more worried about in this league. Kevin Braswell is a step below the likes of Wilson, Jackson, Gibson, Martin, Ervin...and probably the new Kings and Hawks imports Hurdle and Henry.

Reply #381557 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Agree with the comment on Braswell. In the pre season games he looked 'safe' without being a threat. Thought Tomlinson created more problems for the defence.

Reply #381558 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

Id rate Brasswell ahead of Hurdle (SG anyway by the looks of it), and the Adelaide PG's (excluding Gibson who seems to be more a SG these days).

Reply #381560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen to the haters. Ballinger has a broke toe ya fools. There's nuthin wrong with the ankle. Get some facts. I watched the tournament and anyone sayin he isnt back in great form is full of shit. Adelaide haters. Good on him for dumpin you turds!

Reply #381592 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

the only hater on here seems to be the troll turd..

the only fools are Melbourne for not doing their homework and requesting his medical files from Sixers..something they did NOT do

I hope you're right and all is great with the ankle..but if I was a betting man...

Reply #381614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Looks like someone is bleeding heavily over being proven wrong in their "professional opinion" of Ballinger's rehab success! Here's a tampon mate! Plug it before you bleed to death. Balls is a Tiger now. GET OVER IT. If I were your "medical and training staff" I'd be feeling like a Toss too! But hey, it's alright, you'll get over the embarrassment of looking like a wanker eventually. GO TIGERS!!!

Reply #381618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #381618

FUNNY! But so true! Just move on Ballinger hater!

Reply #381625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good onya binxy

Reply #381627 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'618 and '625 same IP.

Reply #381629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct! Because we are in the same place laughing at all of this Isaac!

Reply #381632 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

pffft...so I'm proven wrong by him being injured?

can't work that one out..flawed logic on your part

our medical and training staff feeling like a toss with him once again injured?

we're definitely all over Balls going to another teams bench to watch the majority of games this coming season

every time Balls fitness is questioned all the hate and vitriol emanates from his 'protectors'

Reply #381635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Maybe we should say it slower for you mate...

Geeeeeeet Ovvvvvvver Ittttttt!

Reply #381636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

imagine if a player's friend or partner or fan got so angry every time an injury was slightly misreported on a forum! it's not a foot injury being reignited, it's a broken toe - a great new injury, so there!

Reply #381643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes .......but it is another injury
fact

Reply #381666 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

who let all the 12 year old keyboard warriors in?

Reply #381735 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the NBL:

Adam Ballinger - Toe fracture – Out 1 to 2 weeks

Reply #381795 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Nothing against Ballinger personally, but he has underachieved for the last 3 years

He was club MVP for 2 of those 3 years.

Reply #381799 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754