Anonymous
Years ago

Numbers & tournaments.

My children just recently started playing & both field single numbers, i have heard it might be a problem for carnivals especially interstate-is this true?

Topic #29458 | Report this topic

Years ago

only if number under 4 - bsa allows 00-99

when we have gone interstate they have allowed 00-99

but it used to be 4-15 20-25 - only so the refs could hand signal the amount on fingers - for example the old argument was 3 seconds could be interpreted as number 3 etc.

we have sent teams to classics, nunawading, dandy / eltham and current u14s club - no problems.

would be pretty stingy if the organizers came up with a weird by law that did not allow.

what tourney ?

Reply #381440 | Report this post

pc  
Years ago

it is my understanding the National Junior Classic Championships will still only accept the following legal numbers 4-15, 20-25, 30-35, 40-45, 50-55, our club allocates these numbers to Div 1/2 players where possible and assists to source a singlet to borrow if necessary, other tournaments have no restrictions

Reply #381459 | Report this post

deimos  
Years ago

. you are incorrect. Classics do not allow all numbers. Many players need to beg, borrow or steal every year so that we can get to Classics. The above poster is correct.

Reply #381461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Junior state champs & national junior classics were the ones i was worried for most-thanks!

Reply #381476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754