Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Kings, Oct 5

Both teams shooting very well. Maybe the Kings will be OK? Imports combining well.

Topic #29499 | Report this topic

B Cosby  
Years ago

Sav having a great game, Hawks spreading the points well. Time for The Big O to start spreading the D!

Reply #381966 | Report this post

B Cosby  
Years ago

Hawks getting smashed on the boards by +15 but they have an extra 10 x 3pa and are still getting to the line

Reply #381967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had Hawks half time full time so FML

Reply #381969 | Report this post

B Cosby  
Years ago

Yes Hawks win by 3!

Reply #381970 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Revoke my sacking claims about Henry - he is critical to the team.

Reply #381974 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Henry looked the goods. Had no issue finding Lazare inside on his drives. Felt a little like last season injecting Rhys Martin with a 12 point lead and 5 minutes to go and all of a sudden the ball couldnt get up the floor.

Reply #381994 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Im not sure what to make of that game other than we will need a couple more games before we can tell whether the Kings are better than many first thought or the Hawks arent as good as their pre-season form suggested.

One thing to take out of the game was there wasnt alot of defense being played. Even Heal himself admitted his team were alot further advanced in their offensive structures as opposed to their defensive ones.

Things I took from the game;

Corin Henry can play and is critical to the Kings offense...they slid when he went off with cramp and made a run when he came back on.

I wonder how Henry will go against stronger guards though like Martin, Gibson, Jackson etc? Warren looked ok against guards similar to himself but struggled alot against the stronger counterparts.

Heal brought on Martin when Henry went off....I'd be using Bruce as the back up PG and shifting Harvey to SG.

Lazare is a beast but seems to struggle finishing around the rim with a bit of competition. Maybe just an off game?

Wollongong dont have a lot in the front court and will live and die with the 3 ball.

Reply #382006 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Great crowd of 4323!

Reply #382007 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Henry is talented but he didnt get the ball moving a lot to get teammates involved, it was just his direct penetration and pass. Heal needs to find a way to get players other than Henry and Lazare shots from the offence or teams will have them figured pretty quickly.

It was a nice game to watch though, I prefer an early game with too little defence rather than too much!

Reply #382008 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Kings are so guard heavy its not funny, also brendan joyce is a better comentator AND coach than shane heal. His great grandfather was also jamaican.

Reply #382027 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems he won't be the first import sacked
or he isn't , despite popular opinion , Sydney unlikely to win the wooden spoon.

Reply #382044 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Henry looks the goods and i think would have been better having Grant instead of lazare. he seems to lack athleticsm around the hoop. grant would have had 10 dunks in that game. i think sydney will improve on last year

Reply #382085 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Problem is they need a scorer like Lazare not a dunker like Grant. Would have been nice to have both, Lazare would have fed Grant well.

Reply #382091 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

no doubt paul, lazare has a pretty good mid range jumper, i dont recall grant having that. does anyone know where grant has gone this year

Reply #382164 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Brindisi in Italy.

Reply #382177 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I hope we have more off games with Lazare going 10/14 ;) I think I saw one of his super tough shots against some pretty rough tough competition, but he was more active down low in pre-season, maybe all the cheap moves tough D inside forced him out? :)

I really liked the look of Henry being more PG-orientated, but a shame that with so many good shooters, we TOOK less 3pt shots than the Hawks MADE... Like Paul said above, we can't rely just on the imports to score, and we have more than capable scorers, but they just didn't get their chances, which was frustrating as even though we might not have won many pre-season games, it looked a lot better when we had a more even scoring team...

Reply #382297 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lazare seemed to be quickly doubled down low by the Hawks. If they let Crosswhite sag out on the baseline, maybe there's a passing option for him when smothered? Crosswhite is a pretty reasonable shot from that spot if I remember Cairns games from last season?

Reply #382305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:25 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754