lightning v spirit - spoiler

ouch !

Topic #29500 | Report this topic

Years ago

0/12 from 3 point line wont help

Reply #381998 | Report this post

the prophet  
Years ago

mark my words - these early results will shape the season for the mid to better range teams.

come final ladder placings crucial splits will come into play

Reply #382039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year the Lightning were dominant early then fell apart as too few were expected to do it all.

Good to see minutes spread more evenly last night, more avenues to the basket used.

Early losses or poor form which leads to better structure and conditioning come playoffs time is a better plan than last year.

It's Round 1

Reply #382041 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Very disapointing 1st round loss at HOME for the Lightning! Bendigo wouldn't have been thought as a Top 4 side at all! I'm not sure the Lightning Team as it stands right now is a legitimate threat to the WNBL title (Dandenong already look like going back to back). Can anyone give any insight to why Payne played so few minutes in this game Vs Bendigo?

Reply #382220 | Report this post

coffee  
Years ago

I think because Hodges was doing a good job and so was Suzi , I think Payne is there to learn from these girls , great experience for her as she could have gone else where and got more court time but would not have got the coaching or the experience.

Reply #382242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coffee, Payne has done her apprenticeship in the WNBL. She needs a defined role & quality minutes to produce. I don't think she left Townsville to contantly sit behind Suzy & Laura. Coach Buckle has a history of struggling to integrate young & emerging talent in to teams he has coached in the WNBL. Look at Coach Wright for Dandenong he didn't hesitate to put his young talent (Mijovic, Blicavs & to a lesser extent Clydesdale) in against Bulleen. Coach Buckle dont fear change, embrace it!

Reply #382363 | Report this post

coffee  
Years ago

Anonymous - Payne left Townsville because she wasnt getting the quality coaching ,and would never have improved under Lucas. Payne has stated she is more than happy to learn from Susy & Laura and get the experience. She is still only young and I wouldnt say she has finished her apprenticeship quite yet. As for Coach Buckle - Payne has been coached by him before and knows what he is like , she obviously respects him or she would have decided to go to another team. By the stats he play a young Talbot in the starting 5 so I guess he does give the young ones a go.It was only the first game of the season lets just wait for a few more games. Go Lightning Good on Coach Wright but Dandenong did have Ohea missing and I am sure she & Blicavs play the same position. although Blicavs is very tallented she could play in another. Its great to see all these younger ones coming through .

Reply #382430 | Report this post

Jo  
Years ago

Lets get behind the Lightning Girls show your support Please "LIKE" their NEW FACEBOOK PAGE.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Link-Lightning/312673718840909?fref=ts

Reply #382433 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Coffee, what makes you think that Buckle is a significantly better coach than Lucas & that Payne will develop faster under Buckle?

Reply #382544 | Report this post

coffee  
Years ago

SamCro - Just going on past years
Payne developed under Buckle in just half a season 10/11
Not much change in Whole season Under Lucas 11/12

Flanagan developed under Buckle over the last few season to make the Olypmpic squad.
One of her worst seasons Under Lucas 11/12 - dropped from squad

Another young one Jillian Haughton developed under Buckle 9/10 10/11
Under Lucas on bench for first game of 11/12 then not on team.

Every player is different as is every coach some work better with others.

Reply #382630 | Report this post

Cappucino  
Years ago

Coffee, Didnt you see the last 5 weeks of the WNBL season last year & Payne's game in the finals? Payne well & truly showed the WNBL that her game had arrived & she did this under the tutelage of Lucas!

Reply #382664 | Report this post

froggy  
Years ago

Cappucino - Have to Agree Payne well & truly showed the WNBL that her game had arrived especially towards the end of season and in the final game, Lucas should never have taken her off the court. I wonder if he listened to the game day tape. Lucas v Buckle - Payne obviously likes the way Buckle coaches or she wouldnt have gone to Adelaide. I hope she has another great year.
Go Lightning.

Reply #382673 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754