Ricey
Years ago

Half Time at Arena

Why is it there was a solid 5-10 minutes of nothing. No music, no entertainment, no nothing, just a car driving around... Horrible

Topic #29510 | Report this topic

Cell  
Years ago

There was music the whole way through the game, why not half time?

Reply #382125 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The constant music sounded bad through the TV. Sounded like it was just blaring, not even a songs to get the crowd involved.

Im not too fussed about 1/2 time entertainment, they should just get a 'little league' game.

Reply #382126 | Report this post

Hydra11  
Years ago

Don't the cheerleaders dance? At Lightning games the cheerleaders dance and then there is a little league game....how boring to have nothing!

Reply #382127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

may have ben just me, but i thought the music was actually quietly today at the stadium than last season.

maybe 10 had the mic. wrong?

Reply #382132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why another thread when there is a game thread?

Reply #382151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did the music man ask for our suggestions before the season started when he continues to play lame tracks like If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands and Rocking All Over the World, the same songs Wayne Petersen does at the Tigers. Why ask when all you he did was ignore our recommendations. Felt like being at The Cage.

Reply #382165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channel 10 asked for the pa to be turned down early in the game

Reply #382166 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I wish Ten would learn to turn the effects mic down!

Reply #382179 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

The music did seem to come across as quite loud on the tv. Some dubious song selections too. Vengaboys??? I like the AC/DC tracks though. Either way, it would be nice if all clubs toned down the music sometimes. It can be a bit overkill. I know it's all for entertainment, but sometimes just let the game itself do the entertaining.

And as for the half time entertainment - it could be worse, Perth have been known for having shocker half time shows in recent years, so maybe 5 minutes of nothing is a good thing!!

Reply #382185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. The team wins, so you all look for something else to complain about.

Reply #382187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah let's notomplain about what people perceive as issues. Sweep it under the carpet. The music man called for input into the music choices and it appears from the feedback hear, they didnt listen. Lets just ignore it, "we won".

Reply #382198 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hi Anon.

Thanks for your feedback.

Going back through the suggestions thread and todays playlog, I count 14 new suggested songs that were played.

Yes, Older songs were played too and will continue to be as they get a far bigger response from the crowd than most newer tracks.

You personally might not have like 'If you're happy and you know it', but crowd as a whole were more into it than any other tracked played.

Feel free to keep suggesting other tracks.

Reply #382202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly the 14 new songs made no impact on the knowlegable sixers fans.
No one said Oh wow the music man played.....

Reply #382210 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Further to what I said before, the music is only good if it incorporates into the game and the crowd feed off it. When it's played at appropriate times, and it gets the crowd involved then I'm all for having music played.

It's just the times when it's played too much and the crowd doesn't get involved is when it's overkill in my opinion.

Reply #382216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So of the 14 new tracks played how many were from suggestions from here

Reply #382217 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Where was Moscow?

Reply #382219 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

skip, i'm not a fan of the 36ers but I do like and commend you for opening up the music selection to the fans!

Reply #382238 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

Music was good. Cant complain. It had new tracks, old ones and favourites.

I think Moscow died when Darren Ng left. Thats the type of music when a team goes on a run of triples.

As for halftime entertainment, half the crowd go to the loo, go for a smoke, to the get something to eat or talk amongst themselves. to have continual musci, or entertainment is total overkill. No way

Reply #382256 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

music is fine but not continuos so wwell done - like to have a chat over a beer or 2

Reply #382272 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

As far as Vengaboys goes, it's a terrible song and would not work anywhere else, but for some reason it always, and I mean always, gets the crowd going at Sixers games.

Reply #382274 | Report this post

Tru blue emcee  
Years ago

I can recall a couple songs myself and others suggested being played, so well done skip....thanks for letting us have an input!

As for half time entertainment, it's also a money issue, getting an "act" in costs financial resources we probably can't spare right now.

Reply #382276 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

First game is always hard to determine what type of HT entertainment is appropriate. It will all start to pick up from here.

Ricey - because we won the game, you need something else to complain about?

Reply #382282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey you could have gone down and put up some foul shots and kept us entertained

Reply #382286 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So of the 14 new tracks played how many were from suggestions from here
Already covered in Skip's post:
Going back through the suggestions thread and todays playlog, I count 14 new suggested songs that were played.

Reply #382287 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I was very happy to hear Gangnam Style played at the game (through the TV). Also heard Throw your hands up by Pitbull during a time out bit, it was perfectly timed and read the momentum of the game well.

Hopefully the Script and Florence & the Machine gets played in the future (if they weren't played against the Tigers).

Cheers for the work Skip!

Reply #382388 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Both were played KET.

Reply #382397 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Nice! Shame I couldn't make the game

Reply #382405 | Report this post

Monthlies  
Years ago

Please forgive me I have no idea what tracks you refer to from " Script and Florence & the Machine " ?

Reply #382412 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Song choice only pissed me off when Call Me Maybe came on because of the dancers... Whoever thought that was a good idea, idiot lol...

Only issue I had with music otherwise was that it was played at some odd times for too long, or just didn't fit well... Having said that, the guy on the mic didn't really help at times, but as season gets along things will tie up better I'm sure...

End of the day we got the win, people at game enjoyed it, and there was some biff...

Oh and from now on, can Gangnam Style only be played when big red can dance along to it? It's the funniest damn thing you'll ever see

Oh to the idiots trying to troll about how I'm looking for something to complain about... I made the post at half time... Eat my d*ck

Reply #382545 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I love Call Me Maybe.

For monthlies:

The Script - Hall of Fame

Florence + The Machine - No Light

Reply #382554 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If Call Me Maybe gets played, then Onyx - Slam gets played, and not censored... in fact, no song gets censored..

Reply #382588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754