Hurls
Years ago

Ratings for FTA Basketball

Any way to find out the weekly ratings of the FTA NBL games?

Topic #29525 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, follow MediaweekAus on Twitter. Sunday was 34K which was no doubt slaughtered by 1.25mill watching Bathurst (plus many more at BBQs, pubs etc who wouldnt show in the ratings).

It was like going against a GF. If it is the same this week I will be worried, but hopefully it will improve.

NBL and BA need to get the word out better to all basketballers. Have a friend who played bball for Aus in juniors not so long ago and he didnt even know it was on!

Reply #382415 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

what would u say would be a respectable and attainable amount of veiwers?

Reply #382426 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think it needs to get up to the 80-100K mark. That wont happen straight away though, Id like to see 50-60K this week.

Reply #382427 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

There's not enough awareness when the games are on. Channel 10 and the NBL could both do a lot more to promote the game times. I hope channel 10 don't expect much with ratings with the bare minimum effort they put into the broadcasts and advertising - which I hear there is an ad, but not seen it yet, so I can only assume it's being shown during non peak times. Why bother?

The NBL could also run an ad in the print media such as the tv guide to get the non- Internet savvy people aware that the season has started and games are on tv.

A small investment for a good cause.

Reply #382435 | Report this post

36reasons.net  
Years ago

I had a few mates comment they stumbled across the game and hadn't realised it was on live. Need to promote it better across social media and right online media.

Reply #382479 | Report this post

Michael D  
Years ago

Hi all, for those interested I'll be keeping track of the ratings again this season.

Here's the ratings from the three broadcast (in Oz or NZ) games from Round 1:

Fri - Sky – NZ Breakers v Perth Wildcats, Not shown (28,150 in NZ)
Fri – One – Wollongong Hawks v Sydney Kings, 21,000
Sun – Ten – Adelaide 36ers v Melbourne Tigers, 34,000

http://www.michaeldifabrizio.com/nbl-tv-ratings/

If you're after the info as soon as possible then as already mentioned, MediaweekAUS is the way to go. Cheers.

Reply #382514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately pinning our hopes on a game being shown at 2pm on a Sunday in the middle of summer (that is only live in 3 of the NBL cities) is never going to give anything but average results.

Reply #382518 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

yes true anony, however.. u want it to have good results considering themtime slot and compete well amoungst the other stuff onm at that time

Reply #382524 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

More people will watch if they know it's on. Gotta promote the league better on all platforms. This is most disappointing aspect for me since the league went back to FTA tv. So much effort went into getting the sport back on tv, but not a lot has been done to get viewers tuned in since.

Reply #382558 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754