Isaac
Years ago

Corin Henry is Player of the Week

The 180cm American scored an equal round-high of 23 points, as well as adding five assists, four rebounds and four crucial steals for the game. In the second half Henry went 9-from-15 from the field to lift the Kings from a 47-39 halftime deficit to the win.

Henry narrowly beat out teammate Darnell Lazare and New Zealand Breakers point guard Cedric 'Action' Jackson to win the Round Two honours.
Lisch also a runner up.
Other leading contenders for Player of the Week in Round Two included Cameron Tragardh (Cairns), Shawn Redhage (Perth), Liam Rush (Melbourne), Larry Davidson (Wollongong), Oscar Forman (Wollongong), Daniel Johnson (Adelaide), Shane Edwards (Cairns) and Alex Pledger (New Zealand).
Edwards mentioned for 14 and 7 (5/13 shooting) in a home loss where they scored 58? Johnson for 15 and 7 (5/16 FG) with 5 TOs?

Topic #29598 | Report this topic

Rock  
Years ago

I agree with Boti,
it should have been Kristi Harrower, for her 2 games on the weekend!

Reply #383430 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Henry easily the best player this round...reminds me a little of Damon Lowery when he first hit the NBL..

Reply #383431 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

If only he was on my FNBL team.

Reply #383433 | Report this post

Louie  
Years ago

Watched Corin Henry in round 1and thought he was electric. Had a quiet first half vs Melbourne but really came alive in the second half and won the game for the kings.

Deserved winner of the week.

Reply #383461 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

I was just watching that game again... He took sydney on his back. the kids a beast hes gonna be a star in this league

Reply #383463 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It's really refreshing to see someone take the criticism and use it as motivation to be better and have success come out of it... Have to remember that he's only JUST turned 24, too... good head on his shoulders, even if it's not that high off the ground :)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/jokes-on-kings-henry-doubters/story-fndb9lbd-1226497365038

Reply #383471 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I am still not sold on Henry as being a star. Yes, he has had two great games but I think he wont be as successful against other teams and moreso when teams start working him out. If he proves me wrong that is fine. However, I must say that I am impressed by his attitude and effort.

Reply #383477 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Im interested to see how he goes against the better teams. Last season the stats of smaller guards like Warren, Mills, Gill and Deleon were generally far superior against the bottom four than against the top five, moreso than most other players I looked at.

Reply #383483 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Im interested to see how he goes against the better teams.

I know it was only pre-season, but he did ok against Wilson in his 15 or so minutes and also went up against most of the upper level PGs in Gibson, Jackson and Martin in the other games... Hopefully with a few more proper games under his belt, some more confidence and other team members firing, he could make bigger improvements...

Reply #383526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754