Steven Weigh
Jason Cadee
CJ Massingale
Mitch Creek
Nathan Crosswell
Anthony Petrie
Daniel Johnson
Pero Vasiljevic

How have such a talented roster and only manage to score 59pts. Daniel Johnson and Adam Gibson by far the best players so far this season but when something is not working why not give Creek, Massingale, Crossy, or Pero more minutes and minutes to actually contribute not just run up and down the floor. It seems we are bashing all the players and their perfomances but its up to the coach with such a talented team like this to find a way to benefit these guys. 2010 9-19 and 2011 8-20. Very good Assistant Coach, average Head Coach. Its only the second round but time will tell.

Topic #29600 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fuck Off Jeff!!

Reply #383401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dude chill out we beat the tigers at home by 20 and we were leading the two time defending champs at three quarter time in their own gym!! also adding new players to our system wait until closer to the playoffs and see where we are at before making that statement pal

Reply #383405 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

the Tigers are tipped to fight Sydney for the wooden spoon so I wouldn't read too much into that game

Reply #383413 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

i personally don't think he knows how to head coach. look i don't think many in the NBL know how to utlize there players and design offense that works best for there respected teams.
as there got so much talent, they should be pushing the ball and looking to score 90pts a game.
I think Steven Weigh could really be a gun working base to base line on the same side of the court as Gibbo with Johnson working through the high post.

CJ Massingale is a waste of a pick up when there is better out there.

if this team doesn't finish top 3, then clarke is GOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!
good junior coach not seniors

Reply #383414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here we here go here we go

Reply #383415 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Took 2 games for a 'Marty' thread to come up.

I had a bet with a fellow NBL fan colleague.

I said that ozhoops (ADL fans) would start complaining about Marty @ Round 3.

He nominated Round 1.

Who is the winner he or I?

Reply #383417 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Excellent out there at training
Could do with a bit of help with game rotations
Seems there's a FIBA effeciency rating going on
on live stats . Don't spose he sees that while the games going on.

Reply #383422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Critics of Marty on this thread, are you yourselves coaches? Because coaches are consistently bagged by players, fans, parents etc. I would have thought if anyone had an idea of how difficult it is, and may be sympathetic, it would be other coaches.

And if you're not coaches, I suggest taking a team and see what I'm talking about. Maybe if you're all as good as you think you are, you'll be able to take Marty's job!

Reply #383424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in response to 'jason' you can't possibly critisize Massingale after only two games. The first game he gets a leave pass as it was his first NBL game and to score the ball you need to get the ball passed to you.
The second game he only plays 3 mins!!!

Marty has to give CJ more playing time so he can get confident playing at this level.
I promise you if his minutes get up to the 15-20 mins a game he will be farbetter player then both Weigh and Creek. To me Weigh is only a frontrunner and only plays Ok when the team is playing well and he has wide open shots. He can't create his ownshot to save himself!
CJ will be the X factor to us making a deep playoff run, he only needs a more minutes from super coach Marty!!!!

Reply #383436 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

In general I do not agree with the notion that because I don't coach, I cannot judge others.

The Marty Clarke method of coaching of 2011/12 season certainly could be improved, and many in several forums remarked on it.

I shoot Free Throws @ around 60%....does this mean I can only bag out Shaquille and Dwight?

I drive a Hyundai, does this mean I cannot comment on Romain Grosjean's eratic driving in F1?

However I do take your point that we, the general public, do not understand the pressures and demands of coaching an NBL game. Furthermore, given it is Round 2, perhaps we could lay off laying into Marty until Round 8.

Reply #383437 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Who would want to be a Sixers coach?

Reply #383441 | Report this post

social player  
Years ago

Jack: I would, pays better than my current job and Id steer clear of reading this site and anything written by Boti......not hard to do!

Reply #383443 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was Weigh just then on radio.
Seems at some of the shooting practices , our players come out as their favorite NBA player and that's a very very good idea out there. Freshen up a bit. Weigh was Dirk and Petrie had a tiny pair of short shorts on .
Weigh said Schenscher was MVP against Melbourne?
(Last time on radio Clarke said 4 was Johnsons position?)
(Johnson Petrie Weigh Creek Gibson - I think best 5)

Reply #383447 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

social player, yes, I guess if you paid no attention to the man with the mo, or didn't read this site, you might be able to do it. After all isn't it just drawing X's and O's on a whiteboard?

Reply #383449 | Report this post

hanging Round  
Years ago

Is this Anstey trying to relieve some pressure?
Come on Chris- come clean!

Reply #383451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop looking at Massingale as an import.
He is on minimum salary and there is not a better player anywhere that you can get for the 40 grand or whatever it is these days.

Reply #383452 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A very good point anon. Most imports are starters, whereas Massingale is the "Clayton's Import" starting on the bench. He's no Diamon Simpson.

Reply #383462 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Frankly, anyone who asks the question "Can Marty Clarke COACH???" (clearly intended as a loaded question) without offering even one specific criticism of his actual coaching decisions or techniques is just trolling.

We lost a game. What does Jeff or Jason say the coach should have done that would change the outcome? Instead of informed comment, we have to put up with thread after thread that pretty much amounts to "We lost - it must be the coaches fault".

No analysis of the coach's actual performance whatsoever. Surely the critics, given that they know what the coach is doing wrong, you can tell us (and the coach) what it is? I for one would love to hear it.

Reply #383469 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Jeff, if you watched the game against NZ you would realise it was the careless erratic play of the players that cost the Sixers the game....not the coach.

Reply #383470 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

No he cant but we will learn the hard way and maybe lose our club as well as cannot not put a better team on paper as have done and season ticket holders have already given their views by not renewing.
Anon. if you have not sat through last 2 years watching this jerk ruin our club then you can ---- off .
If you have admire your blind loyalty unless of course you are club involved.

Reply #383610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bretts the man dont be a dumb arse, the club has turned around and now has a chance to be a power house for the next 5-10 years.
Blame the Coach or blame the cattle?
which players from the past 2 years would you put in this team 2012? Its Not Rocket Surgery!!

Reply #383657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ I would be surprised if they are around 5-10 years

including the woman

Reply #383663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754