hoopie
Years ago

Tigers next season?

Given all the comments about the Tigers having a weak / dumb roster, poor choices for captains, and an inexperienced coach, it really sounds like they need a clean-out and a rebuild with a proven quality coach.

Who can they off-load from the current squad at the end of the season? Who's contracted for next season and beyond? Who should they keep as the backbone for a decent squad?

Topic #29609 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back the 93 team!! They will win more than the team now! Even in there mid 40's, i think that team can do more than this one!! I'll keep lewis, needs more game tym he can become a gun! Walker, futre prospect and rush. The two imports are very good, they should look at gettin julian now he is free. Him in the middle, ballinger, scott in the forwards il have braswell and lewis trying knock that 3 ball, cause he can. How would they be if they had bevo or lamanis or even gordie as a coach?

Reply #383522 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Its early in the season and its a new look team, Why don't we all be patient and see how they go as the season unfolds.

Reply #383529 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Bring back Ebi Ere. Thats It!

Reply #383532 | Report this post

AMAZIN  
Years ago

Joey Wright as coach.

Reply #383548 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Needs a clean out,Get rid of Lewis,Greer,Rush and Walker.Get some guys in that are hungry for success and buy into the vision.

Reply #383551 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not a big fan of almost any player they have!

Reply #383558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There last 2 coaches were proven quality, westover and Gleeson, and they both got shafted so who knows what the Tigers are doing!

Reply #383565 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

it's a long season! patience is a virtue. even just about every playing roster looks completely different from start to finish.

Reply #383567 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

Braswell is the key issue at the moment. He is too out of shape to give them the scoring punch that they need. He struggled to keep up with guys like Corin Henry. i know they got him because he is close to citizenship, but currently he looks poor. they don't have a scorer that will go out every game and kill it. And don't tell me that Goulding can do that. rush is a role player, and his days as a regular contributor are done. Balls (unfortunately) is very prone to injury at this stage in his career. Seth Scott reminds me a little of Horvath which is ok but not great. Outside of that, what do they have. Tomlinson that lacks confidence? I think they needed two gun imports and not two role player imports! Homicide and a Beast inside would have changed the whole dynamic. And yes I said Homicide! The giy can flat out ball, brings bums to seats and with a full season in any team, brings success.

Reply #383580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many would suggest that Westover wasnt a proven coach at all. He inherited a very talented team and when he was in charge of a side with limited ability he didnt turn them into a team of champions.

Reply #383581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Scott and Flynn stay and goulding they'll have a good chance maybe new coach and a couple more pick ups along the way I think most current team is good though

Reply #387210 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754