natwhereyouat
Years ago

Dan "The Grey Mamba" Jackson

Gordie has finally given solid minutes to this guy this year and he has hit the ground running. Hitting outside shots, rebounding, driving to the basket, playing good defense etc.

Anyone think he can take over Sav's position when he retires?

Topic #29683 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's good to see him finally get a go & showing some of the skills he displayed as a junior but I think he's still a long way off being a Sav... a really long way.

Reply #384263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Same.

Big change in his confidence though. Always thought he looked too scared to be useful, but this season he looks at home. And deserves it - great guy and team man.

Probably more a threat to Coenraad at this point.

They are probably not unhappy with the two import guard experiment, but I would've been earmarking one import spot for Sav's minutes in the future.

Reply #384297 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He was the third leading scorer and rebounder for the naitonal U19 team so always had the talent. I think his physical conditioning has improved which has given Gordie more confidence to play him.

At the moment I think it's a bit early to talk about him as a Sav replacement. He is the same vintage as Gliddon, Steindl, Tomlinson and Goulding, so let's give him some more time to develop as a bench player.

Reply #384305 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Wouldnt call him a 'sav' just yet but he has looked good in the first few games of this year.

He has a high ceiling and I agree with issac, coenraad might be alittle worried about his minutes, if jackson continues to improve at his current rate.

Reply #384316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan played well in the pre season too, but I don't think he has that same rebounding mindset Sav has. Seen Sav go after some big boards on Sunday and still has that vertical leap to out rebound a team like the crocs biggest men.

In context of the post and future, this leaves the Hawks short on rebuilding. Both Coenraad and Jackson look very flat footed and more focused on defending than that loose ball rebounding positioning. Look at Sunday, Oscar had 15 rebounds and the team typically looking for Sav to clean up the boards... that will be missed the most and exposure if the team isn't rebalanced when Sav calls it a day.

Reply #384408 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754