Slopernator
Years ago

Taipans v Kings

So did the Taipans give the the game away or just Sydney's intensity overwhelming them? Seems like Cairns just cruised into the fourth and never really stepped it up. Unusual for a team that usually squeaks out the big games, second week in a row.

Anyone else get issues with the NBL.tv feed? Not to sound like a broken record but inconsistency seems to be the way of it, great quality with Kings/Crocs on Friday night and rubbish today. Download sitting at a consistent 5mb too.

Topic #29784 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does the quality of picture depend on what the internet is like at the arenaa? Quality from Cairns both times has been poor as has been at the Breakers games. Last weeks game in Adelaide it was crystal clear for me. Still happy to be able to at least see the games.

Reply #385018 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Could be, I'm in Brisbane and the quality from the 'ville was great but all three games from Cairns have been inconsistent at best. Who knows. No problems with ANY other streaming sites. Not bagging out the NBL, its a great initiative but would hate to see them lose viewership on this issue.

Reply #385023 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Quality from Breakers v 6ers was fine for me.

Reply #385024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Internet here in Cairns is generally appalling so I expect that it might have something to do with the problems people might be having.

I was at the game this afternoon. I'm still absolutely gutted. They've got to learn to stop making stupid, stupid mistakes. The steal at about 5 minutes in the fourth quarter was painful to watch.

Reply #385036 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Mine was pretty blocky in the first half, but cleared up a lot in the second... I just put it down to my crappy home internet...

Reply #385137 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

As for the game, even though I only managed to catch from partway through the 2nd quarter, I was really impressed with how the Kings played... managed to get the win with only 9 players against a team that was playing well, not because the other team was injured or had just played the night before... Good contributions all round with another stand out from Madgen... Great to see him really taking the extra responsibility onboard and playing well...

Crosswhite had a great game, hopefully whatever was stopping him performing in the earlier games, has been fixed or this game will just give him the confidence to carry on with... Having local talent as well as Import talent performing well in both road games is a good sign, as well as the quality defence...

There's still no stopping Trigger when he's got it in his mind to score, really very impressive some of the ways he managed to score in that final quarter...

Reply #385142 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

still dont know why kings were so desperate to cut kevin smith and then replaced him with kevin white....has offered zero so far

Reply #385206 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

You obviously haven't been paying attention, boss... I think he's provided a lot of hustle that hasn't shown up on the statsheet... He's not out there to score, he's out there to give the starters a rest and provide a bit of defensive kick, and I think he's done that pretty well so far...

Reply #385217 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754