wak
Years ago

Wethers signs with Sixers!

Imagine!

Farley again wants more money and again doesn't get it so looks elsewhere and signs with a team which doesn't utilise his skill and is only a mediocre player.
BUT Wethers is not signed and wants a stable team, wanting to know that his team are not going to fold during or at end of season - so signs with Adelaide.

Farley realises he should have signed with Adelaide in the first place.

Topic #2985 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

I dont know, where is he now? he can play several spots but i still would like willie more. What is jayson wells doing, he would be a good fill to me, not at the 2 but can play 3 and 4 and help dusty.

Reply #34034 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

so the sixers dont have farley now???

Reply #34036 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

he turned down the offer, they gave him some time to think but i thinks its not too good. May still work out, the 6ers have so much riding on him i think they will crack first and give him more $$$

Reply #34040 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I hope that an agreement can still be reached with Farley.

Last season he was good for 24pts, 4 boards and 4 assists per game.

I'd like to think that if years 2 and 3 of the proposed 3 year deal are acceptable to Farley then hopefully they can't be too far apart unless Farley's agent is making unrealistic requests.

However, if Farley doesn't return then Wethers would be a great pick-up (assuming he doesn't go to Europe or re-sign with Hunter).

Wethers averaged 24 points, 7 boards and 3 assists. He is also arguably a better defender than Farley and is 5 years younger. I could see him maintaining those averages in Smyth's run and gun style play.

If I had to choose I'd still take Farley over Wethers but we could do a lot worse than pick-up Wethers in the event Farley does not return.

Reply #34054 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Well, with no Farley (shame) then it's either go with someone same calibre that knows league (Wethers - who i think would be a great pick), or an unknown - and they would have to be a damn good scorer.

Reply #34072 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Wethers will be a great pick up in the event that Farley does not return.

If Farley doesnt sign i will still work out for the 36ers signing Wethers. Yes i would like to see Farley back but Wethers will prove himself worthy of becoming a 36er.

Reply #34078 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Are we talking about THE Wethers. NBL MVP 2004/005 Wethers. How come no one has snapped him up yet? He probably comes with a price tag that no club can afford, especially the Sixers.

Reply #34110 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

if we cant afford farley theres no way in hell we can afford weathers

Reply #34171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:49 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754