Tyrell
Years ago

ONE HD schedule change?

How hard would it be for ONE HD/Ten to change their scheduling and show us Jonny Flynn's debut game instead of Hawks v Kings. I know Hawks are top but surely this game would have more interest. I have NBL TV so doesn't bother me, but could be a great way to get "Non-Nbl" followers to have some interest in the league.

Topic #29853 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

yeah agree they should televise the tigers game instead

Reply #386211 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Yes! This is perfect, hopefully they do so...

Reply #386215 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

I emailed Marc Howard earlier in regards to having the game changed to the Tigers v 36ers game but was emailed back that it would be to hard for the NBL and its partners to change the game at this late time.

Reply #386216 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw , thought too good to be true .
I don't think he's cleared yet ? Makes the time later?

Reply #386219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could have sworn that it said the Melb/Adel game was the game on One this week on NBL.com.
DAMMIT! Over the last 2 seasons I have not seen one good Sydney/Wollongong game. No offence.

Reply #386220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*edit
It doesn't now but it did the other day. I was looking forward to it :(

Reply #386221 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

We need to use this opportunity to promote our game. here in brisbane we havent had any media coverage at all about Johnny Flynn coming to play bball in Australia. Should be TV ads and the works to create interest in seeing how this bloke who was a lottery draft pick in the NBA.

Reply #386229 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Tyrell - I'm not sure anyone who isn't an avid NBA fan would know who he is. For non NBA followers (pick me - I stopped following it in the late 1980s) we have no idea who he is. Adverts don't get people like me to watch NBA, which is full of NBA guys, so why would we watch an NBL game with only one NBA guy in it? When we've never heard of him before?

So, you're appealing to the NBA fans who don't already watch NBL. I doubt that's a market worth a lot of advertising dollars.

Reply #386237 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Fair point but i disagree- i know of many youngsters in particular who follow nba but not nbl and knowing there is "an nba guy" would attract them.

Reply #386246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's on the Ten game the two Sundays after this week and he should have found his feet by then.

Reply #386252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or maybe have left with that NBA out clause?

Reply #386279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754