BJF
Years ago

King Ken Cole makes the HOF

Wrongs have been righted with The King taking his position amongst Basketball's elite

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/old-ken-cole-in-the-merry-old-hall/story-fndekpx4-1226512539354

Topic #29868 | Report this topic

HoldenV8  
Years ago

About time too. I was around in 1986 and I still think the 36ers stuffed up by sacking Cole. Ok, sure he smoked a joint and that's not the image the 36ers management wanted for the club....but it was proved with his successor Garry Fox that its not just a great team that wins a title, they need a great leader. Cole was a great leader, Fox was ok but he didn't get the best out of his players like King Cole did. Hence we only won 1 title back then when we should have had at least 3.

And its fitting that he'll be inducted to the HoF here in Adelaide on All-Star weekend in a special ceremony outside the normal time they do the inductions. I just hope his health is up to the trip from San Diego.

Reply #386978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754