bread and butter
Years ago

How Far Can You Throw?

Thats what id like to ask the girls and people involved in the under 18 girls state North v Eastern game....................

Throwing a game in junior basketball - absolutely pathetic

Topic #2987 | Report this topic

anonymous  
Years ago

please explain

Reply #34044 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Sorry losers with conspiracy theory.
How pathetic is that?

Reply #34045 | Report this post

what??  
Years ago

i ( and im sure there are a few others) hav no idea what u r talknig about. Briefly just tell us what happened plz

Reply #34046 | Report this post

cheeky  
Years ago

grom up or put your name to it bread and butter or are you to gutless. I saw the game and north shot like shit and cayla is the best player in the comp by a long way thats why north lost. Maybe forestville shouldnt have lost to north and it wouldnt have mattered.

Reply #34047 | Report this post

Cosmo  
Years ago

Interesting since eastern are now in the grand final, think that shows that north didnt throw the game!

Reply #34049 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

I'd like to know what's going on

Maybe they didn't throw it, they may have been tired???

Reply #34055 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

(Mod: Part deleted. Unfair generalisation.) next time try shaking hands after the game losers, yes that is all you are. (Sorry Mia it does not apply to you).

Reply #34058 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

That aint true, what a stupid comment

Reply #34066 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Unfortunately what I have said was true. Remember unsportsmanlike behavior on behalf of some of your players gives a bad name to the whole team.

Reply #34074 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Yes, it can give a bad name to a team

BUT, your comments on what they teach at F/Ville are not true and you know that, so why did you post it?

Reply #34076 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

bread and butter - your post is absolutely pathetic!

Sportingpulse results
Round 1 Nth def Tig 62 47
Round 8 East def Tig 66 51

Round 4 Nth def West 48 47
Round 5 East def West 58 54

Round 3 Nth def East 56 52

These teams haven't been separated by much all season, remember Eastern are coached by Neil Gliddon, perhaps his tournament mangement of players is better than North's.

Reply #34079 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Which players didn't shake hands realist???? I honestly can't see this team being unsportsmanlike.

Reply #34082 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Ive heard of Bitter But calling a team cheats ... with out any prove whats ever .. apart from that it wasnt the results you wanted .. is just stupid ..

Reply #34083 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

However .. i have heard of teams resting players ... coz they would rather lose .. to play a team in the cross over which they match up better on ... but really you have no evidence of anything like that happening ...

Reply #34084 | Report this post

mr tupperware  
Years ago

its called tactics. clearly you dont know how to coach this modern day game.

Reply #34098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. I can't believe that in a game coached by the Head State Coach and the Under 16 Girls Head Coach that such a thing would take place.

2. It had no effect if it did happen as they played off in the GF ayway!

3. Where do you people find/hear this crap?

Reply #34100 | Report this post

Bread and Butter  
Years ago

North throw the game against Eastern, Eastern lose to Forestville, North beat forestville - 3 way tie - forestville lose on percentage -

top four teams get invite to classics and bad blood with ex-players, north have a reason to throw it, eastern have a reason to do it -

i am from neither club simply an informist to tell people of disgraceful behaviour in junior basketball.

Reply #34105 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

bread and butter - North def Eastern today in OT.

The last three times these teams have met (twice in State Champs and once during the season) it has been within 4 points.

Now if North had 'thrown' saturday's game, wouldn't they have won the GF comfortably.

Teams from outside the top 4 have gone to classics before.

You still haven't given any good reason as to why north would throw the game.

These is no basis to you argument.

Clearly you are just trying to stir the pot, but alegations like that have in the past been accompanied by some serious ramifications!

I'd advise you think carefully before responding, if you do at all.

Reply #34106 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Degenerate, sorry for generalizing  my mistake. I will not name offending juniors, they know who they are and hopefully next time their behavior will be more up to scratch. They have to be taught that after the final whistle what happens on the court stays on the court.

Reply #34111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone who knows marc really well will know how competitive he is. he would never lose a game on purpose!! I am not a north person and would love to knock them off one day in a final but fair is fair, this is ludicrous allegations and whoever is spreading them better be very careful. Have you heard of defamation

Reply #34113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone who knows marc really well will know how competitive he is. he would never lose a game on purpose!! I am not a north person and would love to knock them off one day in a final but fair is fair, this is ludicrous allegations and whoever is spreading them better be very careful. Have you heard of defamation

Reply #34115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sorry to tell you this realist but every girl in the girl in the forestville team did shake the hands of the opposition and that is a fact. They were upset with their performance however know that north deserved to win so much more on the day with their great team performance all round game displayed. Maybe you should be the one overlooking yourself and your comments. What a loser for posting such crap like that
And as for the rumours floating around that north adelaide threw the game this should be stopped as it is just rubbish and this kind of talk is not needed

Reply #34131 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Well, I am sorry to disappoint you, but I know it from first hand to sort of speak.

Reply #34140 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

(#34111)

Realist I am glad you apoligised for generalising, but I still feel not many people are backing you up on this. WHat happened during this game which would make such an event occur?

Reply #34142 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Degenerate, unfortunately there is a lot of bad blood between some players and this capped with some of them not being able to perform to their expectations created this rather sorry situation. I am not going to say any more on this issue  it has gone well too far.

Reply #34147 | Report this post

kate alexander  
Years ago

OHH this is ridiculous.
listen up people... SHIT HAPPENS ok? its not the end of the world for us, its one weekend... okay it was dissapointing but thats sumthing WE as a TEAM have to deal with, not to hear all the rumours and bitching about what happened in other games. Mav's deserved to get thru as they showed some great basketball this weekend.. as for you realist

(#34058)
(Mod: Part deleted. Unfair generalisation.) next time try shaking hands after the game losers, yes that is all you are. (Sorry Mia it does not apply to you).

realist, 15/05/05

WE ALL SHOOK hands with you. it was infact a girl in the north team (who will remain nameless, who was pathetic.)

JUST GET OVER IT!
whether or not north did throw the game, it doesnt matter now, in the end the two better teams on the weekend got to the grandfinal.

Reply #34148 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Kate, you are bitching.

Reply #34150 | Report this post

kate alexander  
Years ago

well sorry to have offended you realist... maybe u should actually give me ur name to formally apologise? i just dont like how we were given unfair comments - which did not occur....

Reply #34151 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Kate, you did not offend me, you just bagged one of North's players.

Reply #34153 | Report this post

kate alexander  
Years ago

like the way you bagged all but one of our players?

alright this is enough - lets stop this childish crap ok?

Reply #34154 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Truce accepted

Reply #34155 | Report this post

Wish I could Dunk  
Years ago

Forestville will go to the classics anyway wont they? whats the problem?

Reply #34281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We'll soon find out. I doubt it.

Reply #34282 | Report this post

Wish I could Dunk  
Years ago

Dont 4 teams go?

Reply #34283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think mavs will send their girls, that could create an open position.

Reply #34284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The whole point was so MAVS could go. IF four go (and that's not a definate) then Forestville won't be one of the foor.

Reply #34285 | Report this post

Wish I could Dunk  
Years ago

Ok im lost....thats not unusual by the way...didnt Forestville finish third? North..Eastern then?

Reply #34290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs finished second.

West, Sturt, Forestville fit into two spots. If mavs can't field a team, North, West, Sturt and Forestville could all go.

Reply #34292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's assume that Forestville don't make Classics, will Abby still be coming down for Nunawading?

Reply #34294 | Report this post

Wish I could Dunk  
Years ago

kkk gotcha...can see the problem then thanks for that...wow...big stakes these junior games huh....... allegedly throwing games, pissed off players, parents...I thought I had problems not being able to dunk....duh me

Reply #34296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as far as i know, mavericks are still going away. Forestville recieved a wild card entry which allows them to go to classics.

Reply #34809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754