Jack Toft
Years ago

R6: Danger Round for Sixers

Is anyone else a bit nervous this round?

The Sixers are in the top 4 by a fingernail and have two games this round.

Tonight: @ Melbourne.
Ballinger on court means he will be looking to prove a point and with a new import, Melbourne look a whole lot better than the inept team we beat last time. Gone from a definite W to say 70:30. A must win game, but the last road win would have built on the road confidence.

Sunday v Perth
Perth have a single game this round and a loss on Friday night would be a blow. Perth are the team we love to beat, but they are playing like the Adelaide High School Year 8 boys at the moment. Would love to see a W, but more likely an L.

The team could be 4 & 3 after this round, or 3 & 5. Cairns play Breakers and should be 3 & 4 after the round, so two losses means a drop out of the top 4. Sydney play Wollongong and should be 3 & 5 after the round.

I think both games a danger games for the Sixers. A win is crucial on Friday night.

Topic #29873 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus u play perth again next week! In front of 11,000 cats fans! Playin like yr 8?

Reply #386442 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

How can they be either 4-3 or 3-5 that doesn't work lol. They can end up 3-4, 4-3, 5-2 after this round! But it will be tough I be on em tonight at Melbourne purely because I'm a fan!

Reply #386443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus u play perth again next week! In front of 11,000 cats fans! Playin like yr 8?

Reply #386444 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

I heard Perth are going to sell out all 12,000 seats next week.

Reply #386449 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sixers need to really come out aggressive against the Tigers or they will lose in Flynns first game. It is a very dangerous game that we need to win.

Wouldn't it be great to beat Perth in their first home game in front of 12,000 fans :)

Reply #386459 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

I have reserved judgement on Flynn until I've seen him play. Could take a game to figure out the style and the officiating. Gibbo should be able to give him some physical D he might not be used to?

Reply #386476 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Cairns should win tomorrow night, they're favourites for a reason.

Reply #386481 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cairns may get the win but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Reply #386483 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I'm not holding my breath at all - I'd definitely suffocate before the game even starts. But yeah, not at forgone conclusion by any stretch, I'm just saying that Cairns 'should' win.

Reply #386492 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

" Gibbo should be able to give him some physical D he might not be used to?"

LOL

36'ers will get their pants pulled down tonight.
0-2 for the round for Marty :)

Reply #386504 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

How wouldn't Gibbo give him physical D he isn't used to? It's a known fact Americans hate any contact, especially their guards...

If we don't win one game, then I think it's time to look at booting Marty for Phil... There is no excuse this round. Too tired for Perth especially, because we have a deep enough bench that we can play our guys spread out for Melbourne and still be very effective. This weekend will be the proving point Marty has to make if he wants a future here or anywhere for that matter

Reply #386507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Truth". Of course it will be something he's not used to. Has he played on the international level before? I actually look at this weekend as a huge opportunity. A win tonight could give them the confidence to do it again on Sunday. If they did it would be a huge boost to their season.

Reply #386514 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

LOL @ insipid 36ers outfit.

Hate to say I told you so.

Reply #386570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754