Anonymous
Years ago

Best defenders

My list no real order;

PGs - Damian Martin, Ced Jackson, Mitch Creek, Aaron Bruce

Wing - Tommy Greer, Garlepp

Post - Knight, Vukona, Gruber

Struggling for outstanding wing defenders, who else should be added?

I've left Gibbo off - known for his defense although under Clarke it seems like he is not really trying on that end. I know Flynn had a bad shooting night, although Gibbo was in early foul trouble and he was not the reason Flynn was missing.

Topic #29887 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Post-Pledger, have watched him block pretty much every opposition Centre in the low post so far this season

Reply #386638 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie can defend PG-PF and can get up and block shots

Reply #386639 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Owen Odigie the development player for the Tigers would be one of the best defenders in the NBL by far. When the kid gets to play a lot of time he will be rated as the best lock down defender in the NBl, just watch!

Reply #386650 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

That's a big call Owen's Mum

Reply #386659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex Pledger needs to be on that list.

Reply #386688 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I think Steindl will be considered one of the best wing defenders one day.

In college his defense was never a worry.

Reply #386694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could not agree more about Owen Odigie making his way as one of the best defenders in the league when given a chance. His physical tools allow him to be a great one on one defender and he has great I.Q and anticipation on that end of the floor aswell, in passing lanes and on weak side help. Is also 6'5-6'6 with some serious length, Tigers need to give the kid a chance before some else does!

Reply #386699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson should still be in there.

Reply #386726 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Brad Hill has been one of top wing defenders after Abercrombie. Not to mention best perimeter rebounder after Martin. Garlepp ?? playing back up 4/5 couldnt guard perimeter.

Reply #386730 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Looooool at Aaron Bruce being on that list but not Gibbo. Good one.

Throw Tovey and Gliddon on the wing list, and Boucher is still very good even without the athleticism.

Reply #386734 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754